WIFI & CDMA Forced

chs200123

Reaction score
If my droid is connected to WIFI, will it automatically stop using CDMA so that I don't unnecessarily use up my 5GB limit? Or does toggling between them somehow have to be forced?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Wifi doesn't count toward your limit. You are better of using it when you can. Plus, its about 10 times faster. I got download speeds of around 550 on 3G and was running almost 6000 on Wifi. I was in my living room close to my router with a cable modem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
C

chs200123

Reaction score
Wifi doesn't count toward your limit. You are better of using it when you can. Plus, its about 10 times faster. I got download speeds of around 550 on 3G and was running almost 6000 on Wifi. I was in my living room close to my router with a cable modem.

I think you may have misunderstood my question. I know Wifi is faster and does not count towards CDMAS limit. That is why I'm trying to find out if I need to force droid to use WIFI over CDMA, or droid does it automatically when connected to a WIFI network.

OP
C

chs200123

Reaction score
Anyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
If you have wifi enabled android will connect automagically every time you're in range. It eats thru the battery though.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If you have wifi enabled android will connect automagically every time you're in range. It eats thru the battery though.

Ummm...no it doesnt...its actually better on the battery to be connected to WiFi. The Cell Radio uses more battery due to it constantly "checking for signal", whereas the wifi is on and connected until it is either out of range, or the user disconnects.

potatolover1102

Reaction score
Also there is no 5gb limit whatsoever so I wouldn't be worried about data at all. It is unlimited truly. Or the 150mb. I used ten gb last month lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score

Ummm...no it doesnt...its actually better on the battery to be connected to WiFi. The Cell Radio uses more battery due to it constantly "checking for signal", whereas the wifi is on and connected until it is either out of range, or the user disconnects.

The wifi will scan every 90 seconds on most roms, so it eats through the battery. That's a fact.