WiFi Can't turn on anymore (no mather which Kernel or ROM using) (Razr M)

EjdiSixo

Reaction score
**SOLVED**WiFi Can't turn on anymore (no mather which Kernel or ROM using) (Razr M)

First of all I would like to thank everyone considering to help me! :icon_ lala: .

In short story goes: I bought 2 days ago Motorola Razr M ( Softbank Japan version) 201m. It is a xt902. Except some minor things , the phone is basiccaly xt905 (or xt907).
I rooted and unlocked bootloader. After that (like always of course) I started testing many Custom and modified ROMs. I was not satisfied with almost none of the roms tried (xt905,xt907), in my case almost every rom I tested is laggy and slow (CM esspecially , not usable). The only roms that are working great are stock based or original (xml.zip). I flashed mostly trough CWM and RSD Lite (xml.zip), but tried also TWRP.

In all that flashing going on I didn't test WiFi (Wireless, Wlan ), and network ( I don't have SIM),but only performance. Suddenly on one ROM when I was satisfied with it I noticed that the WiFi wont turn on.. I would toggle it to on but it would just go back to off position by itself.. Also the whole switch is greyish like the wlan card is not installed or something..
After that I tried almost every custom ROM or stock fastboot solution, many different kernels ,radio (baseband) combinations etc but always the same.. WiFi won't turn on at all.
To avoid pointing in obvious , I DID : Wiped and formated, system,data ,modem etc countless of times. Before and after rom install, I even tried "Stock-Restore-CWMR&BOOTLOGO+SU-FLASH.VRZXT907_9.8.1Q-78 & 94 from XDA that claims to bring back the WiFi functionality on, but nothing.

Is it possible that wlan card is somehow mysterious fried all of a sudden? Also I can write many more details if you need.
I really don't have luck with phones ( broken 3 new phones in 4 weeks -.-)
Please Help, thank you :hail:DancingNexusDancingNexusdancedroid:biggrin:
EDIT:
I found the solution on XDA!! Member "mwg" posted the solution! So if anyone has problem tuning on WiFi on Motorola Razr M / Droid Razr M (Xt902,Xt905,Xt907), download files "Prima" and "Persist" from below.
Unzip ,and copy (overwrite) your \persist folder.
Unzip and copy (overwrite ) your Prima folder in /etc/firmware/wlan/prima
Enjoy your working wireless! :biggrin: . Admins can lock the topic! DancingNexus

Attachments

• persist.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • prima.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,070

myciviczc

Reaction score
**SOLVED**WiFi Can't turn on anymore (no mather which Kernel or ROM using) (Razr M)

First of all I would like to thank everyone considering to help me! :icon_ lala: .

In short story goes: I bought 2 days ago Motorola Razr M ( Softbank Japan version) 201m. It is a xt902. Except some minor things , the phone is basiccaly xt905 (or xt907).
I rooted and unlocked bootloader. After that (like always of course) I started testing many Custom and modified ROMs. I was not satisfied with almost none of the roms tried (xt905,xt907), in my case almost every rom I tested is laggy and slow (CM esspecially , not usable). The only roms that are working great are stock based or original (xml.zip). I flashed mostly trough CWM and RSD Lite (xml.zip), but tried also TWRP.

In all that flashing going on I didn't test WiFi (Wireless, Wlan ), and network ( I don't have SIM),but only performance. Suddenly on one ROM when I was satisfied with it I noticed that the WiFi wont turn on.. I would toggle it to on but it would just go back to off position by itself.. Also the whole switch is greyish like the wlan card is not installed or something..
After that I tried almost every custom ROM or stock fastboot solution, many different kernels ,radio (baseband) combinations etc but always the same.. WiFi won't turn on at all.
To avoid pointing in obvious , I DID : Wiped and formated, system,data ,modem etc countless of times. Before and after rom install, I even tried "Stock-Restore-CWMR&BOOTLOGO+SU-FLASH.VRZXT907_9.8.1Q-78 & 94 from XDA that claims to bring back the WiFi functionality on, but nothing.

Is it possible that wlan card is somehow mysterious fried all of a sudden? Also I can write many more details if you need.
I really don't have luck with phones ( broken 3 new phones in 4 weeks -.-)
Please Help, thank you :hail:DancingNexusDancingNexusdancedroid:biggrin:
EDIT:
I found the solution on XDA!! Member "mwg" posted the solution! So if anyone has problem tuning on WiFi on Motorola Razr M / Droid Razr M (Xt902,Xt905,Xt907), download files "Prima" and "Persist" from below.
Unzip ,and copy (overwrite) your \persist folder.
Unzip and copy (overwrite ) your Prima folder in /etc/firmware/wlan/prima
Enjoy your working wireless!. Admins can lock the topic! DancingNexus
I know the topic is old but today I got an xt907 with this provkem, following your instrutions I deleted wlan folder by mistake, help