Wifi auto log-in

coryrk26

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have killer wifi where I work. Much faster than at my house. The problem is that I have to log into it every time I get to work or walk back into the building. Once I connect to the wifi, it brings me to a site to log in. Is there any app that will auto log in for me?

GVLBob

Reaction score
The phone should do that automatically.

What is the precise procedure for working onto your work WiFi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
The phone locates the wifi network. Once it connects it takes me to a website where I have to enter my username and password. Once I enter that then I'm connected.

kyboy

Reaction score
Sounds like a guest type wifi such as the type used in hotels or airports with no security. I have the same thing at my work but it just requires an email address to gain access.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GVLBob

Reaction score
Try this.

Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi.

Then press the Menu button and select Advanced.

Finally, set Passpoint to "on".

Please report back on your results.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
I work tomorrow, I'll let you know. Thank you!

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
So it kind of worked. I still had to log in once after I first arrived to work. Maybe it's the wifi at work...

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would still have to log into the network once more. Try to leave and come back and see what happens.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
Sorry, that's what I meant. After I came back from lunch I had to log in again.

bbtkd

Reaction score
What you are seeing is an additional and non-standard authentication security in the Wifi routers. While the phone will remember the Wifi password for the router, it can't be expected to know how to deal with the additional authentication. Ask around and you will find that others run into the same issue.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
Boo, I was hoping there was an app that would take care of it for me. Thanks though!

bbtkd

Reaction score
I stay off the network at work because it is subject to monitoring, as most are. I have a buddy that sometimes Emails me, um, things that work would consider inappropriate. By using 3G/4G while at work, I keep that traffic off their network. Kind of a bummer since our lousy 3G/4G coverage limits usefulness.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
Lol, it sounds like we have some of the same friends! I do the wifi because my wife and I share a gig on VZW and the coverage in my building is crappy. It's just annoying to have to log in any time I walk back in the building.