No longer connects to WiFi automatically

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I see in the first page - battery was pulled -

I'd do it again - then this time with battery out - press Home button a few times to kill any surface charge hiding.

loco

Reaction score
Just did the battery pull again, this time pulled the sim.

No change. Wi-fi only connects when I force it to.

Crazy. I hope there is a fix soon.....this is driving me crazy.

Anyone know how I can revert back to 4.2.2 ? I was extremly happy with my phone then....

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
I've also had this same problem recently. I keep getting "authentication error" when I try to connect. When I go into WiFi settings under Password it says (password unchanged) with the parentheses. I enter the password, and I then get "scanning"..."connecting"... "authentication error." I then have to re-enter the password. Restarting the phone works sometimes. Restarting the router works sometimes. WiFi off and WiFi on works sometimes. I used to get home from work and the phone would be connected before I got it out of my pocket. Now even after it connects I get "scanning"..."connecting"... over and over. Battery use has gone up too
I read everyone's posts and just wanted to share my sad story.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Does anybody have news about a fixed yet?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
All routers.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Well, the long-anticipated update has finally come and downloaded. However, it did not correct the wifi problem. What a bunch of morons Samsung Verizon are!

GVLBob

Reaction score
One person had to reboot the phone several times after the latest update, but he was ultimately able to solve his WiFi problem. Try that.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
I did once, including a battery pull for several minutes. But I'll do it again, and again, thank you.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Verizon replace my phone, and for the last 2 weeks its been working flawlessly.

Keithtsang

Reaction score
May have to turn off "WIFI optimization" that minimize battery usage when IFI is on

Dustan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SGH1337
Called Samsung and was told to do the following:
Go to Settings,
select More
select Application Manager
<<scroll right>> to ALL
<<scroll down>> to WIFI Direct Share
select "Clear Data"
select "Force Stop"
Remove Battery
Restart
Try
Remove Battery
Restart
Try again.

I did this two hours ago and I am still up and running. It looks like this may have fixed the problem.

JAYMIE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SAMSUNG GALAXY s4 aCTIVE
I am having similar issues. Received new phone due to att telling me to do a factory reset 2 weeks ago to help with a battery issue. After the reset, the only way to connect to Wi-fi was to turn in on in safe mode, turn it off, and then turn it back on. Att decided they were going to send me a warranty repalcement because of this wi-fi issue.
My issue now is that my phone will detect and save and known wifi network, but not actually connect to it. I have both 'Auto Network Switch' and 'Auto Connect' options checked on my wifi advanced settings page. The only way to connect to wifi is to turn the device off, and turn it back on, but it even that doesn't get it connected.
Toggling the wifi tab on and off does nothing.
No issues with router/modem.
Is this also a software issue? It seems most posts prior to mine are verizon. I am on att. If it is a software issue, where do I go to update it?