wifi appears to connect but can't access internet

benjamingrantdu

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have the droid bioinic and in general I'm pleased with it but about a week ago wifi stopped working. It connects fine, and shows that it's connected, but won't let me connect to any pages. I have to turn off my wifi connections and use 4G/3G to access the internet. I'm using it on the same network I'm currently using my laptop, so the network isn't the issue. Moreover, I've used it on other networks too and the same problem exists on all of them. Any thoughts as to what's going on/how I can resolve it? thanks in advance for any help you can provide
Ben

don_droid

Reaction score
Hi, I just saw another thread on the same Wifi issue. They found some solutions one was to insure that the use proxy was off. It is under your wifi setup section. You can long select the node you are accessesing and than one of the options include the proxy configuration. just do not use the proxy settings.

hojo1690

Reaction score
I've had numerous times that I've had to totally disable wifi in order to get ANY networking to work. It seems to be when I have weak wifi signal. The phone doesn't seem to back off, and switch over to the 3G or 4G support.

OP
B

benjamingrantdu

Reaction score
Not using any proxy for sure. I have gotten it to work on one wifi network so it must be something with my home router. Not a huge deal.

Regarding previous poster's point, if wifi drops it definitely doesn't default to 4G/3G, you have to totally disable it which i agree is absurd.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Set your router to use TKIP. GB Moto phones have an issue when it's not set. The X and Pro had this issue when they upgraded to 2.3.

Here is a topic from the DX section about it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-support/176791-wifi-not-working-droid-x.html

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Anmolseth14

Reaction score
hey there...
i cant access internet over wifi on my 2.3 xperia android handset bt can on my other handset with android 4
the campus wifi somehow doesnt allow 2.3
i dont wish to upgrade to ver 4.0
any suggesstions???