Widget on home screen quetion

rothenbj

Reaction score
I've tried a couple thing, but I haven't found a solution for this problem. I installed an app to the home screen, then uninstalled it. Now I have a white box with a message in it that says "problem loading widget" and I can't get it to go away. Does anyone know how I can get this to go away?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thats odd. Havent seen that at all. Are you using a custom theme manager?

OP
R

rothenbj

Reaction score
Nope. The home page was stock when this occurred. I think it was the Bob Marley clock the I had installed/uninstalled. I've since used a picture as wallpaper but that's it.

sir

Reaction score
that is very odd. if you touch and hold on the white box, does it give you any options?

A

apeshitninja

When you touch-hold the widget, you should be able to move it and the menu slide button at the bottom of the screen turns into a Trash icon. Drag it there, when it turns red, release and it should delete it.

OP
R

rothenbj

Reaction score
That's what I thought

Perhaps rather than uninstall the app, I should have gotten rid of the widge, then the app. However as I type, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the uninstall should have taken care of that.

Anyway, I had tried to drag the Widget down to the trash can before. It gets there, the trash can lights up, but the white box returns to the screen and gives be the message.

If no one knows what to do, I'll have to stop by the Verizon store and see if they can give me an answer. I certainly don't want a bunch of these messing up my screen.