Strange problem

moot

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to properly describe this problem, but every once in a while after leaving my home screen (i.e. starting up market or an app), I will return to the home screen only to find that all my apps and widgets are gone.

After waiting a 5-6 seconds usually everything loads up again and returns. I'm don't think this is an FC, as the FC message box does not come up. Anyone have an idea of what is causing this?

Droid 1, chevy LV 1000mhz, CM6.0 stable.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: you're kiddin right?

Known issue with 2.2. Hopefully a fix comes soon :D

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score

Its screen redraw from ram being full.

Whoops. I see, so that is the issue everyone was referring to.

I didn't realize it was called "redraw". I've been away from this forum for a while, lesson learned. Thanks corinacakes and Dragoro.

P.S. Just curious, would the fix have to be from google? Or is this something that can be fixed by the community or by a rom?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Its screen redraw from ram being full.

Whoops. I see, so that is the issue everyone was referring to.

I didn't realize it was called "redraw". I've been away from this forum for a while, lesson learned. Thanks corinacakes and Dragoro.

P.S. Just curious, would the fix have to be from google? Or is this something that can be fixed by the community or by a rom?

I think it can be fixed with a rom as I've been using Sapphire 1.0 and now 1.1 and UD 7.0 and UD 8.0 with absolutely no redraw issues. I do the following (not sure if any of this really works, but again, I have no redraw issues:

No Live Wall Papers
No Apps 2 SD
Animations Off
No Widgets other than on the home screen
CompCache enabled

Good luck.

Jejackson

Reaction score
You don't have to root to fix the problem...Go to the market and try LauncherPro, its a free home replacement that does a better job than the stock homescreen. That should fix your redraw problems

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't have to root to fix the problem...Go to the market and try LauncherPro, its a free home replacement that does a better job than the stock homescreen. That should fix your redraw problems

Actually there have been a lot of folks with Launcher Pro that have had the redraw problem. But, if you aren't using it, I would definitely recommend trying it as a first step.

Jejackson

Reaction score

Actually there have been a lot of folks with Launcher Pro that have had the redraw problem. But, if you aren't using it, I would definitely recommend trying it as a first step.

well agreed, but there are memory usage settings that when tweaked fix the problem further...perhaps I should have mentioned that

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I tried launcher pro and was still have redraw issues. But, anecdotally, the frequency seemed to be somewhat lower.

But now that I know the issue is referred to as the "redraw" problem, I did some more digging and found the following solution:

Agreed. And to be specific:

Credit to samsonite801
If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

IS AWESOME!

Works like an absolute charm! I've used it on LiMod and CM6.

I am SUPER happy right now. :) Thanks for all of the help everyone.