why won't my back light stay on for

chromashadows

Reaction score
more than 5 seconds? I switched it to one min, two min, ten, etc but as soon as I pause for literally 5 seconds, the phone goes black and I gotta unlock it again. VERY annoying. If i want the lock/dark screen on, I'll put it on to engage when I want it to. I wanted 10 minutes; not 5 seconds . There's not even a 5 second OPTION.

any one know how to fix this?:mad:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From my experience, the only time the screen stays on for such a short time is when it's not unlocked....I have mine set to 2 minutes and have no problems.

Are you rooted/running a custom rom, or are you stock?

Either way, check out Screebl in the market. It allows you to set your phone up to keep the screen on when it's in use based on the accelerometer.

Hope that helps!

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
nope not rooted. Too scared to do it and break my phone. I'll stay stock til I upgrade in 2 years to whatever cool phone is out there then. ;)

I'll download that thing you suggested and set it to lock at a later time. Thanks so much.

OP
chromashadows

chromashadows

Reaction score
don't know what accelerated means though. but my phone auto locks. is there a way to turn that off? I checked all the settings. :(

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
don't know what accelerated means though. but my phone auto locks. is there a way to turn that off? I checked all the settings. :(

Here...Watch this cheesy video...It'll explain the app. If you use the app, and the app keeps the screen on, the phone won't lock. It locks when the screen is turned off...

[video=youtube;tzgFuUu0oxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgFuUu0oxg]YouTube - Screebl Overview[/video]