Why will certain apps not download or install?

kasch18

Reaction score
I'm having problems downloading and installing a few apps. The Read it Later app won't download from the stock market. It starts to download then aborts. The Angry Birds Seasons update will download but won't install from the Amazon Market. Other apps will download and install from both markets. Any ideas? This has been a problem before. Droid X, rooted, stock froyo. I've tried clearing data and force closing the market with no luck. Thanks

hobby31

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I've had it on the Droid x and now on the Thunderbolt. The only similarities I can think of is that they are both rooted. The only workaround I found was to "unmount" the sdcard in settings to install from the google market or have the phone connected to a pc in usb storage mode. The amazon market actually downloads the apk file to a cache located on the sdcard and then installs it from there. For some reason, some apps that use the sdcard wont install and some will. I've had problems with angry birds (all three editions), runik, pocket legends, and a couple of others. The workaround I found for the amazon market was to let it download, get the error message that it couldnt install, use root explorer to locate the apk file on the sdcard, copy it over to the actual phone system, unmount the sdcard, and then install it. then delete it from the system. I posted a thread about this last week but got no responce. I don't know why this is happening. Hope this helps.

OP
K

kasch18

Reaction score
I tried unmounting the sdcard. Didn't work for the Read it Later app. The problem I'm having with that is it starts to download then just stops but doesn't give any error message. I don't think it's a rooted issue because I've had this happen pre root.