Why so much focus on themes? Is there a rom that is just super clean?

Gorf

Reaction score
I miss my original droid with Bugless Beast. A ROM that focused on being very clean and tidy, stable, and with a lot of the Google **** peeled out of it. I would run for 2 or 3 days on Bugless and never have more than a couple apps in the Advanced Task Killer list. What's happened to that?

I've got Eclipse installed, and it's ok. I killed everything in the task killer about an hour ago, and as I write this I am looking at my phone and there are 23 apps running. Most of them, pointlessly (another irritation of app developers. Why the **** does Dictionary need to run in the background?!?) But the theme is buggy, and kinda unpleasant. I'm not fond of some of the changes. Does the Bionic have a ROM developer that is taking the same approach as the Bugless developer did?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Auto task killers can actually make android run slower, so you shouldn't use them. Plus the bionic has a gig of ram so it can hold a ton of apps in memory without any problems or slowing of the phone.
Other than that, the stock rom is quick as lightning for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score
pretty much every ICS Rom (ICS4BIONIC, KANG, etc.) has no theme other than the stock ICS theme, and they are both very close (if not identical) to AOSP Android 4.0. As long as you are on the. 902 update you should give either one a try, but I'd definitely do it in safestrap in case you run into any trouble.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

dags5000

Reaction score
There is no need or point to killing tasks. As stated that only hurts ur battery more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Broid is right, Task Killers should be used as a special tool only to kill applications that have bugged out or causing conflicting problems with other applications.

Because RAM is an electronic chip, it uses the same amount of electricity whether it's 1% full or 100% full so seeing a bunch of stuff running on a task killer program won't ruin your battery life. Android is designed to purposely keep apps in RAM so that if it's something you use frequently, it will actually save you time and energy because the CPU won't have to process as much information starting the program up.

To put it better, I'll just quote this post:
"Apps like Advanced Task Killer, the most popular task killer in the Market, act on the incorrect assumption that freeing up memory on an Android device is a good thing. When launched, it presents you with a list of "running" apps and the option to kill as many as you want. You can also hit the Menu button to access a more detailed "Services" view, that lists exactly which parts of each application are "running", how much memory they take up, and how much free memory is available on your phone. This set-up implies that the goal of killing these apps is to free up memory. Nowhere on the list does it mention the number of CPU cycles each app is consuming, only the memory you'll free by killing it. As we've learned, full memory is not a bad thing—we want to watch out for the CPU, the resource that actually slows down your phone and drains your battery life.

Thus, killing all but the essential apps (or telling Android to kill apps more aggressively with the "autokill" feature) is generally unnecessary. Furthermore, it's actually possible that this will worsen your phone's performance and battery life. Whether you're manually killing apps all the time or telling the task killer to aggressively remove apps from your memory, you're actually using CPU cycles when you otherwise wouldn't—killing apps that aren't doing anything in the first place."