Why is my os

KGreis

Reaction score
Draining my battery more than my display?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Draining my battery more than my display?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I don't know that is all unusual if you have your display turned way down and you seldom pick up your phone and turn on the display. Mine oftens shows the OS higher than the display. Check to see if you have widgets or an apps running in the background like a task killer or juice defender that is eating up more resources than it should.

jp233

Reaction score
i have the same thing on an old XT912 Razr. there is a process that is chewing on the processor, and I can't stop it. when I look at the Settings-Battery page and click on Android OS, the "Keep Alive" time is nearly a 1:1 with the amount of time that the phone has been booted in. I'm finding that it is likely the "suspend_backoff" function but I cannot find out how to jigger with that to fix it. i should have just flashed some other ROMs because I've flashed the stock JB several times and nothing changes. But i relegated that device to a plaything that barely ever gets used so, I moved on.

*note: oh, how I found that function was tasking the chip was by paying for the "BetterBatteryStats" app, and the "Partial Wakelocks" tab always shows that the "suspend_backoff" function has been running. A bunch of info out there seemed to point towards Chrome, but I've uninstalled it and I still get it. More info: suspend backoff asksven BetterBatteryStats-Knowledge-Base Wiki GitHub

Last edited: