Android OS and System

acbrown24

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to search using the app, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

When i check my battery info under settings, Android OS and Android System seem to be using a lot of battery. (OS - 15% System - 11%) Is this normal and why is it happening?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to search using the app, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

When i check my battery info under settings, Android OS and Android System seem to be using a lot of battery. (OS - 15% System - 11%) Is this normal and why is it happening?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
The usage you show here is not unusual. Keep in mind that the percentages that you see are the percentage of battery used, not the percentage of total battery capacity. Normally your display will be a higher value than anything else...but not always, it depends on what you are doing/have done on the phone. If you're phone has been setting idle and your display has been pretty much off for most to the time the phone has been on then your OS may be higher than your display. I don't think you have anything to worry about with those numbers. That looks pretty normal...in fact they look good.