why does my phone call someone when I'm already on a call

midwest

Reaction score
Bought my D2 in August. I returned it for a replacement on 12/20 because of the below described errors, arrived on 12/31 due to FedEx errors. Main problem is that my phone constantly is calling a second call whenever I'm on a call. The second call would be anyone I had called recently. This goes along with also hitting the mute/speakerphone/etc other buttons on the screen while in call. I tried using my replacement phone yesterday and to my horror it did exactly the same thing as the phone I had returned, so obviously despite Verizon's claims otherwise, this is an ongoing issue. I also need to determine if there is any way possible to remove the vibrate from my unlock feature. When I'm on a call and my phone is locked, the unlock thing gets hit a million times to the point where I'm getting headaches from that buzzing. Any advice would be so wonderfully appreciated. Thanks.

regulis7

Reaction score
What 3rd party apps have you installed to the replacement device that were also on the orginal?

B

bthomp21

sounds to me the proximity sensor is messing up or something is causing the screen to come on during a call and your face/hair is randomly dialing. does it do the same thing while on a call using speaker phone?

OP
M

midwest

Reaction score
Wheres My Droid
Find A Starbucks
Facebook
Barcode Scanner
DroidLight
Pandora
Advanced Task Killer
Weather Channel
Baby Night Light
Coupons

I was wondering if it was my DroidLight or Baby Night Light that was causing an issue

yes it has done it on speaker as well...I only tried it once but it hung up on the call while I was holding it away from my face/body.