Help! Someone is Controlling my Phone!

marii

Reaction score
Phone Facts:
Droid 2
Rooted using Z Root in January
Sent as a Verizon Replacement December 15th 2010 (Went through 3 Motorola Devours...)

Today, as I was trying to send a text, the Swype started acting crazy and started inputting random letters. Then I stopped touching my phone and the phone started resending old texts, swiping home pages, opened and closed apps and started to want to delete my Dialer. (This is when I paniked big time) It was like someone had remote access (which I bet this is what it is) to the phone, because I was fighting them just to reset the phone. I reset it 3 times tonight and even when the phone was factory clean and on airplane mode, the phone started opening settings and random apps. I just got frustrated and took the battery out and so it's dead now. I took the sd card out and it still acted like this. I even didn't sign in my Google Accounts after reactivating the phone and it still acted crazy. I'm at my wit's end and I don't know what to do!

Additional Symptoms
  • I had the phone off for an hour, battery and SD out. When I turned it back on and put the SD in, The date was December 31st 1969. at 7:00PM (actual time was 6:24pm)
  • Phone makes calls, just trying to get to the Contacts is an impossible challenge.
  • Phone was fine after the 3rd reset for 3 hours then started acting up.
  • My friend suspects it to be the "Sms Gmail Notifier" app I downloaded Sunday.
The Suspect App's Permissions are
Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Your messages receive SMS
    Allows application to receive and process SMS messages. Malicious applications may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
  • Network communication full Internet access
    Allows an application to create network sockets.
  • Your personal information read contact data
    Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
  • Phone calls read phone state and identity
    Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.

HELP! THANK you.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This happens occasionally due to damaged screens or use of non standard chargers. Do you happen to be using an old charger? If the problem persists I would unroot it and bring it back to Verizon.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

marii

Reaction score
This happens occasionally due to damaged screens or use of non standard chargers. Do you happen to be using an old charger? If the problem persists I would unroot it and bring it back to Verizon.

tappin and a talkin

:unsure: I use my Kindle charger because it's longer than my moto charger. It's been fine this whole time... The phone is basically useless now, So I should just return it? (i.e. No possible fix?)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Have you tried flashing sbf thru rsd 4.9? It seems like if this isnt a rogue insane app it might be your touchscreen hardware is totally ****ed.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I would personally try nixing that charger, like I said I hear about it every once in a while especially with blackberry chargers, but some users including a friend of mine use their bb chargers all the time with no issue so its a little random. Pull the battery and leave it out for a while. Then reboot the phone and see if its still acting up. If it is then do a factory reset to eliminate any apps that may be causing/contributing to the problem. If its still acting up then unroot it and bring it back.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

marii

Reaction score
Have you tried flashing sbf thru rsd 4.9? It seems like if this isnt a rogue insane app it might be your touchscreen hardware is totally ****ed.

Honestly, no I haven't. I've been out all day and just got home so all I was doing was wiping the phone via settings menu.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Cheers mate, and good luck to ya. I hope this is not a faulted hardware issue, and if it is that you can fully remove all trace of root before a vzw tech looks at it.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

OP
M

marii

Reaction score
I don't really know how to unroot... :(