Please help before I throw my phone in the river

pool_shark

Reaction score
Have been, every since I posted my first question. Other than the short section in the user's manual about a crashed phone I haven't found answers. Yes, it is recommended, a lot, and done, a lot, but I haven't found anyone explaining why. And they seldom say whether they shut the power off first or not.

Note, at this point I'm not really caring about how many people do it or if they have problems. Lacking any contrary evidence I'll take your word for it. I'm just curious about what it does that is different from powering the phone off first. Call it the remnants of a misspent career. I like to know why things work.

and in the aftermath I realize I've been guilty of thread jacking. My apologies. I'll be looking for the answer, if any is to be had, quietly in the time out corner.

I'll tell you this. My phone hasn't produced a sound when I get a phone call in probably 2 days. The phone lights up, the headset tells me who is calling, but the phone won't ring. Turned it off and on, it still didn't work, did that several times.
Left it on, yanked the battery, put it back, turned it on, called myself, the phone rang.

I discovered that the reason my phone was ringing was the volume control app I downloaded. I was using that because my system sounds somehow were turned way down and I couldn't hear the voice control prompts or the lock/unlock sounds.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
. . .I discovered that the reason my phone was ringing was the volume control app I downloaded. I was using that because my system sounds somehow were turned way down and I couldn't hear the voice control prompts or the lock/unlock sounds.

Mine hasn't rang since I chose 'Caller ID then RingTone' in settings. Minor annoyance, since I do hear the Caller ID.

@darkserpant?

Did you ever get your problem fixed? You never say and with me sidetracking your thread I'd hate for you to go away without a solution.