why does my background automatically change to stock gray one?

antmkn

Reaction score
My background changes every time I use my phone, when I flip it open it shows the one I want that I set both from an app and saved to my phone. When I close it, it resets to the stock gray stripes. I can the one I want by simply sliding my phone open (to reveal keyboard). How do I get it to stay permanently on the one I want, and not the stupid stock gray stripes!?!

doogald

Reaction score
My background changes every time I use my phone, when I flip it open it shows the one I want that I set both from an app and saved to my phone. When I close it, it resets to the stock gray stripes. I can the one I want by simply sliding my phone open (to reveal keyboard). How do I get it to stay permanently on the one I want, and not the stupid stock gray stripes!?!

Right, I think this is a fairly common problem. I believe what happens is that the launcher runs out of RAM and loses track of the wallpaper. When this happens to me, when I restart the phone I'll find that my wallpaper is back. If you use a lot of widgets you can try cutting back to see if that helps.

The best solution that I have found is to install a third-party launcher, like ADW, Go Launcher, etc.