Why does it take so long for text message apps to open?

DroidPDX

Reaction score
I generally use Google Talk, but some of my text messages come to my Verizon number.

With either the messaging program or Handcent, it takes at least 20 seconds for the app to open.

Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have a fix?

This did not happen on my Droid.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think this is a known bug on the X. I'm not aware of a fix, but I think people are just using handcent for now until the update.

Digidy

Reaction score
I am not having this issue, never did...i've since updated to the leaked 2.2 Froyo and its running the same as 2.1. Only thing that i see is the timestamp is wrong now sometimes its right and sometimes its 4 hours behind.

But its only happening with Handcent, the OEM text app has the right timestamps.

Seano

Reaction score
I am not having this issue, never did...i've since updated to the leaked 2.2 Froyo and its running the same as 2.1. Only thing that i see is the timestamp is wrong now sometimes its right and sometimes its 4 hours behind.

But its only happening with Handcent, the OEM text app has the right timestamps.

it also does this with chompsms, not just handcent. also with the stock text app new messages arent put at the top but the time stamps are correct.