Why do I have 2 email addresses in gmail now - droidsecurity.appspotchat.com??

pattyk999

Reaction score
Can someone please shed some light on this situation, please? In my gmail account, while accessing it via my laptop, I noticed that I have 2 email addresses now:
one is
[email protected]
one is [email protected].
What is this droid security email address, I never signed up for it. And, when I click on it, it just acts like it's my regular gmail account, they appear to be connected. This started because I haven't been able to download sms or mms in any of my texts on my HTC Thunderbolt. I believe this has something to do with it.
I'm not tech saavy, could someone please shed some light on this in plain english for me? When googling it, there isn't too much info available.
Unfortunately, Google will not take phone calls for help. I called AVG because I found out there was a company named "droidsecurity" that they recently bought. AVG wasn't able to help. Oh yeah, I've spent hours with verizon trying to troubleshoot the problem but I think you can guess what that outcome has been!
Thanks so much for any help on this.
Patty k.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've noticed that some of the SMS apps will add an address that end with .appspotchat.com. From that slim bit of evidence I would assume one of your apps did it. Remove it if you aren't go use any of the "chat" type stuff.

The above is just my guess - so treat it as such!

Good luck.

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
I've noticed that some of the SMS apps will add an address that end with .appspotchat.com. From that slim bit of evidence I would assume one of your apps did it. Remove it if you aren't go use any of the "chat" type stuff.

The above is just my guess - so treat it as such!

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your reply. Would you happen to know if there is a way to search apps to see which one(s) may have added that?
Thanks again for taking the time!

Patty k