Why cant we download spare parts with UI Tweaks (color change)

hamitup

Reaction score
Does anyone know where we can download the spare parts that has the UI tweaks to change the notifacation and clock/date color. Several roms has that but if you download just the spare parts from market it doesnt include the UI tweaks. I just dont understand why we cant find it and this is not the first time i have asked and there are others that want it to. Plus you can not copy the spare parts from one rom that has the UI Tweaks and transfer it to another cause there is 0 mb in the transfer for some reason. The file will transfer but if you pay attention the file is emply if you go into /setting/aplications/spare parts and reads 0mb. I've tried it. So anyone know where we can download this..thanks very much.

dclutter1

Reaction score
The spare parts app is just an easy interface to run scripts that come with the rom. Not all devs use the same scripts or keep them in the same place, that's why one spare parts might not work with a different rom.

OP
hamitup

hamitup

Reaction score
ok..i understand but that is not what info im wanting. I was just explaining why i can't put the spare parts on my sd card from another rom because you know there will be someone out there that will suggest that. So im just getting ahead of the game. Im wanting to know where we can download the spare parts that includes the UI Tweaks so we can change the clock and notifacations colors..thanks

nphil

Reaction score
It's because you need to modify your framework to support the UI tweaks. Wysie released the source code for his mods a while back. I don't think you can change UI colors with the standard framework, even with the modified spare parts app. Hex editing the xml's is the only way to go.

So, if you want to change your UI colors on the fly, you have to get a supported source built ROM. (Sapphire and CM are the only ones that support this AFAIK.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ok..i understand but that is not what info im wanting. I was just explaining why i can't put the spare parts on my sd card from another rom because you know there will be someone out there that will suggest that. So im just getting ahead of the game. Im wanting to know where we can download the spare parts that includes the UI Tweaks so we can change the clock and notifacations colors..thanks

It's real simple.....

Not all devs use the same scripts or keep them in the same place, that's why one spare parts might not work with a different rom.

File Structure is different.