Why can't people hear me??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its been happening to me too on my maxx, my wife's maxx, and my son's maxx.... Its network related I think..

Try a new simcard

IZATRIGHT

Reaction score
This has been happening for a couple weeks now. But i'm getting sick of it now. When i call or people call me, they can't hear me.. I know the mic is fine because they can hear me on speaker, or when i record a video everything is crystal clear. Has anyone else been having this issue? What should i do to fix it? I'm on stock JB and have had this phone for about a year now.

Your Droid X2 phone has 2 microphones. The is why people can hear you when on speaker but not on regular use. The mic on the front of your phone is the one you normally use when speaking. It is a very small hole that is located in the center of your phone just below the function keys near the bottom of the face of your phone. It is probably plugged up with dirt and /or other debris. Take a small knife point and pry the small rectangular face of the phone off that is covering the mic. It is a small plastic strip that covers the front mic and is about a 1/4 inch wide and the width of the face of your phone. You will see a very small silver looking device right in the center just below that cover. Take a Q tip and gently remove any debris that are covering the face of that component. That should solve the problem. If it does not, the mic can be replaced.

There is a cellphone repair store in my area called RETECH.They do wonders with cell phone repairs. Your local cell provider will pass off many easily resolved problems as a phone replacement necessity.

OP
S

shanook

Reaction score
Your Droid X2 phone has 2 microphones. The is why people can hear you when on speaker but not on regular use. The mic on the front of your phone is the one you normally use when speaking. It is a very small hole that is located in the center of your phone just below the function keys near the bottom of the face of your phone. It is probably plugged up with dirt and /or other debris. Take a small knife point and pry the small rectangular face of the phone off that is covering the mic. It is a small plastic strip that covers the front mic and is about a 1/4 inch wide and the width of the face of your phone. You will see a very small silver looking device right in the center just below that cover. Take a Q tip and gently remove any debris that are covering the face of that component. That should solve the problem. If it does not, the mic can be replaced.

There is a cellphone repair store in my area called RETECH.They do wonders with cell phone repairs. Your local cell provider will pass off many easily resolved problems as a phone replacement necessity.

I have a droid 4. I only see one microphone on here.

Anyways, I really think it's the software. Stock updated jelly bean. I have a problem with my speaker, texts not being sent, and my emails aren't coming in unless I manually refresh it. And it automatically takes screenshots of my lock screen. I've checked all the settings. This phone is all buggy. I've done 2 hard resets on it.

Does anyone think rooting it would help?