Why are we so split and so monotnous?

CarbonWyre

Reaction score
Just by looking at the community you can see the following:
1. Fan bases are based on apps/roms used NOT the phone you're on.
2. People who like one app tend to like the same applications as the other people that like that same app.
3. Well voiced replies with strong content are rare.
4. Suggesting a change or recommending a merge of the communities into one large strong community is like asking iPhone uses to use an android phone.
5. The community is weak and is basically walking in circles till we can do the same thing well enough, and when we do we find more reasons to not stray from the path.

I mean really people, when you claim so much customization, speed, work, development, etc. why is everyone so based on the same apps for the same purposes, that do the same things? Why aren't we working towards a more stable, well informed, caring community? Why aren't we working to make tricky rom management, backups, customization, apps that work BETTER then the ones we have now, and for that matter MORE apps? I mean, there's over 100 email packages on the market and if I asked for a recommendation most would tell me k-9, well I don't like k-9 give me something new and unique!

Why aren't we doing these things when we need to work towards a future with many options, ease of use, advance uses, and unforseen astonishment?

What does the community think?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
my thoughts? how about if you give the developers some great ideas of what you would like to see? many of these apps, ROMs, etc takes time to build and yes even though there maybe 100+ different types of email apps out there, one may work better than the other, and so on. some ROMs may work better on certain devices, and so on.
although i dont like to have these sort of threads that start off on the wrong foot, i dont wanna see ppl on here with debates on what is better what is not. So lets hope this doesnt become such....

OP
C

CarbonWyre

Reaction score
Personally I would love to see straight google incorperation into a ROM. Considering that google is taking over I would love to see a minimulistic ROM that has strong overclocking like liquid (let's you goto 1100mhz and 68mb of VM), along with the minimul stock apps and clean design. I recently tried out CushZero and wasn't too pleased with the GO Launcher and keyboard, it was also quite slow (most likely because of overclocking settings not being as high as I'm use to).

As for apps I already love the basic gmail but in the end I really wish there was an app that has a delete all or select all button. Plus I would love to see more open source theming. I use to do a lot of theming on iOS and it was a matter of editing the image file but on Android I can't figure out how to do it. That would be a WONDERFUL feature in my opinion.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well not bad ideas. agree with emails to delete all/select all. check out XDA Developers forum and see if theres something u havent tried yet or perhaps maybe interested in helping.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fan bases are based on apps/roms used NOT the phone you're on.
Fan bases form around any diving lines. You're cherry picking.

I mean really people, when you claim so much customization, speed, work, development, etc. why is everyone so based on the same apps for the same purposes, that do the same things? Why aren't we working towards a more stable, well informed, caring community? Why aren't we working to make tricky rom management, backups, customization, apps that work BETTER then the ones we have now, and for that matter MORE apps? I mean, there's over 100 email packages on the market and if I asked for a recommendation most would tell me k-9, well I don't like k-9 give me something new and unique!

Why aren't we doing these things when we need to work towards a future with many options, ease of use, advance uses, and unforseen astonishment?

What does the community think?
What are you doing to address these concerns? If you're unhappy then do something rather than complain and sit around and expect others to resolve your concerns. Don't assume that your priorities are universal either.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Fan bases form around any diving lines. You're cherry picking.

What are you doing to address these concerns? If you're unhappy then do something rather than complain and sit around and expect others to resolve your concerns. Don't assume that your priorities are universal either.

Takeshi sometimes i just have to laugh at ur blunt comments but yet its sort of true. Anyway lets not wild up people :)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Um, this is the best forum I have ever came across . People agree on alot of things here because they know what works. As far as K-9 goes, best email app I've used. Do you have a D1? I've looked at other websites and forums and I've never been able to find as much support for the D1 as I have found here. The only thing I have left to say is, if you don't like the top notch support here, find somewhere else to go. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some basic theming on the OG Droid is just a matter of finding a theme .zip that changes a lot of the stuff you want, extracting it, editing image files, and rearchiving it. It CAN get more complicated than that, but if you keep it that simple, it really is just a matter of editing image files.

OP
C

CarbonWyre

Reaction score
Some basic theming on the OG Droid is just a matter of finding a theme .zip that changes a lot of the stuff you want, extracting it, editing image files, and rearchiving it. It CAN get more complicated than that, but if you keep it that simple, it really is just a matter of editing image files.

I read on XDA that you have to resign and repack all of the APK's and theme .Zip's you want to use. Is that true? Or only for APK's?

As for working on these things myself, I'm not a developer. It's easy enough to understand theming and editing Roms and rebuilding them, but when it comes to actually coding an android app I'm far from fluent. I've looked into Eclipse and all that but could never really find anything advanced or what I'm looking for.