Why am I a Motorola fan?

androidgeek

Reaction score
My first DROID of course was the OG, and now im onto the thunderbolt. Today I traded my hp netbook for 2 DROID X's and I have to say they are very appealing. I flashed 2.3.3 on one and gave the other to my girlfriend. I think im more drawn to the dx at this point. The bolt impressed me from day 1 buy the dx running 2.3.3 really has got me hooked. I really hate liking this device because of Motorola practices but all in all I gotta tip my hat to their hardware. Locked bootloaders are a kick in the face, the capabilities of Motorola's hardware and custom roms would just be a android playhouse just like the og. Motorola would have my full support of they would just change their ways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
exactly. for me nothing beats the moto hardware, but i find it hard to imagine buying another one. too far down the rabbit hole to not be able to fully customize my device.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think most people share the same feelings and judging from the petition people want a unlocked Motorola badly.

I personally LOVE Motorola's hardware. You can't go wrong buying one. Plus they are truly the one and only true Droid manufacturer : )

Something seems amiss with Samsung or HTC in the Droid title. The real Droids are Motos plain and simple : )

Sent from my Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I swore off moto after blur and locking down. Then I tried gingerblur and its been enough to at least give them a look, but I am probably not gonna buy moto unless they change their lock down procedures. With that said I do understand where moto is coming from you have to do something about people bricking phones and showing up on their facebook, twitter, and forums discussing leaks that they should not have. I want moto to atleast do something that is fair for all parties. I am even for having to pay for rsdlite programs to fix my device. Now its to expensive to make individual keys so maybe charging 20 bucks for rsdlite program and $5 bucks for the sbf so you can fix it yourself.

bL33d

Reaction score
Htc will most likely lock down there phones at some point and it will be a moot point. Sure miui and cyanogen would be nice but I'm good with ocing and theming that is the most important imo.