Upgrade in 2 weeks

tnhockey

Reaction score
so im due for my upgrade in 2 weeks and after doing lots of reading up on devices, im starting to think maybe the thunderbolt isnt the best choice. im expecting any phone i get to have awful battery life, but it seems like people are having some serious issues with that phone.

i love the htc sense ui and i dont really like the charge or the revolution, and the motorola phones just seem kinda plain. i would like a 4g phone since i live in chicago and we have it here, but im finding myself more drawn to the htc trophy with windows7. it got awesome reviews on verizons website and i found numerous people saying they came from an iphone or android and love it even more.

sorry for the rant, im just anxious and i guess what im getting at is i dont see buying a device thats not 4g as upgrading, but i also dont want to buy a phone thats just going to have tons of issues either. what do you guys think i should do?

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
I agree with the sauce. I have a DX and can upgrade also but am waiting for something I really want rather than just using the upgrade cause I can.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

michael101108

Reaction score
yea. im due for an upgrade on 7/30 and i think ill keep my x for a little longer. hopeful that something great will b out in the next few months.

OP
tnhockey

tnhockey

Reaction score
yea thats not a bad idea. i wouldnt mind waiting except i really dont like my dx. so ive been really looking forward to replacing it. i heard the bionic will be out in early july so id check it out. i just dont know if i want another motorola.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Have you rooted/rom'd your X at all? You could completely change your phone and that may help ease the wait for the Bionic!

OP
tnhockey

tnhockey

Reaction score
no i havent, unfortunately i dont know how to do any of that stuff lol.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Hold off at least until the Bionic come out.

I can almost guarantee you there will be an even better ice cream sandwich phone around the corner then. That said, the x is still a good phone. By a phone when it is a significant improvement over what you currently have. Don't get caught up in the waiting game though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well start read'n!! I had my D1 for over a year and never rooted it. Then I got an X and started learning the ropes and then took the leap. I cant believe I waited so long! Its very worth your time! Also, lots of helpful videos on youtube and helpful folks on this forum! :)