Why 2.2.2 Sucks >=(

bosshog85

Reaction score
In the life of the Continuum we have waited for over a year for the promised 2.2 update to roll out. Now that it did I wish I still had 2.1 installed.

Here are some issues I have been experiencing since 2.2.2 was put onto my device:

1.) frequent freezing and crashing- It has become a daily routine for me to have to pull out my battery to reboot because my phone keeps freezing. A new thing is that when a running application isn't responding my phone vibrates constantly which eventually leads to the freezing up.

2.) disappearing SMS messages- It has been frequently reported that Continuum users are missing text messages because they are only popping up in the ticker, but not in the notification bar or messaging application its self.

3.) other small bugs:
- after answering a phone call the phone continues to vibrate as if I haven't answered it yet, causing a buzzing noise on the other end of the call
- virtual keyboard locks up occasionally preventing me from typing certain letters or no letters at all
- decrease in battery life by a few hours
-constant lagging and sluggishness while navigating from menu to menu

In other words, Samsung we appreciate you finally updating this device but there are major bugs that need to be fixed for this device to be nearly flawless like it once was. I now cannot wait til my phone upgrade in June. Rated :rating03:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife said her pattern unlock freeze during the middle and she has to redo it.

Only problem she's reporting ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Hmm I don't have that problem.

Sent from my Samsung Continuum SCH-I400 using DroidForums

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Hmm not sure if that'll work but you could try. I've had this phone since August with no replacements so I dunno if they make the Continuums differently over the months.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
She's just nutz....

I tested it, as I did my thumb slipped... "see that's what it does".... wth my thumb slipped, I tried over and over and over no lag issue on the pattern unlock.

She did say however it seems as if the back is getting warmer than before, but then again she was playing a game at the time..

My fiddling I saw no issues....

----posted maxx'ed out----