WHO's crying about a VZW $35 Restocking Fee!! Who?? Aaaahhhgggg!!!!

Reaction score
(lol) I don't like to put out a lot of money. :icon_evil:
I can feel you on that, but I DO know that if I was to buy a computer and the computer guys told me "...you can use this top-of-the-line wireless computer as much as you want and after you show it off to your friends and play with it a few weeks, gimme $35... and I'll let you try a different one of your choice; same deal..."I'd be GLAD to take them up on that, if need be. Never know... I might like the one I picked out too.

** The Verizon Restocking fee is applied to any device owned/activated for more than 24 hours. >>>RUMOR: {{ No restocking fee if you return phone and have your old phone reactivated. The old phone must remain reactivated for 3 days, and then you can get another phone with discount. }}

Verizon wants to give the customers the opportunity to look at their devices (except for early-orders *sight-untouched - like DROID Incredible) at the retail stores or online at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless before purchase. This is done to give you every opportunity to research, touch, test and play with each device BEFORE making that important buying decision.

HERE'S THE COOL PART: Remember... You are "the decider" of which device you want for this 2 year term. When you do (as you did), you are backed with a 30 day warranty where you can take away a different device and use it... for days, even weeks ...but if you don't like the device, you can still have the option of looking at another device type (if your device has no physical or water damage) ... and all of this is available to you for that $35 restocking fee you were crying about.

WAIT, THERE'S MORE: All of the new Verizon phones are backed with a 1 year warranty. This means if that smartphone COMPUTER, in your hand, has a software problem, stops working or whatever (if your device has no physical or water damage) cannot be fixed via tech support, Verizon will replace it and send you a replacement device (same type device you turned in) and FedEx it... FREE!

:icon_ banana: I'm sticking with Verizon! dancedroid

Last edited:

Mojo

Reaction score
Who's crying about the restocking fee??? I dont see anyone complaining... I am just saying.

gatewayad

Reaction score
that is correct, they use to have a VIP program that waived the $35.00 fee. the VIP program is now gone and I'm not sure what parts of it they honor for customers that have been with them forever (i do know the yearly upgrade is still available). I guess it really depends on who answers your call I have had ones that bend over backwards to help and ones you can tell it's just their day job :)

Anticitizen

Reaction score
I work for a large VZW retailer, and I can confirm that a lot of customers complain strongly about it.

But, we do have to resell the phone, and we can't sell it as a new phone if someone's been carrying it around getting their germs all over it for two weeks or so. We apply the $35 restock fee to the cost of the phone, so the next person that buys the phone gets a $35 discount if they don't mind owning a lightly used phone.