Question about upgrading my phone.

Insane_Cat

Reaction score
So right now I have a non-smartphone and I don't have a data plan. I'm on Verizon. I just recently got my phone and I am still within my 30 day window for returns. I want to return my phone to Verizon so I can get a Droid 2 Global instead. Would I be allowed to do this without getting hit with extra fees (besides the restocking fee)? Also, the Droid 2 Global is $50 cheaper on Amazon. Would I be able to buy my new phone from Amazon and not be subject to any extra fees or anything like that?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you already have a contract then you're stuck getting your phone from Verizon. Sorry.

However, you can do that. Restocking fee should be it. Other than your $30 data plan.

evor1

Reaction score
if hes within 30 days he can cancel the service as well and then go through amazon. im pretty sure youd be able to get verizon to price match though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think you might be right, actually. I wasn't given that option because my Droid came free with a price match/beat, so I forget it's an option for some people.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't need to pay extra for a device upgrade of that nature. When I purchased my Droid 1 on a 2 year contract, the phone cost $149.

It's the same if you return a pair of pants and try to get a more expensive pair instead - the store will charge you the difference between the two.