Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OKC meltdown and some questionable calls. Perk picked his game up but it wasn't enough, OKC bigs are still playing lousy and Harden is hit or miss. Lack of consistency and effort on their part, along with some questionable calls again. It's those closing minutes that really do kill OKC when they try to dig themselves out of their own hole.

Hopefully they can wake up from this, alot of miscues and errors on their part when the game was close. Still a buncha calls that should've gone the other way, but it is what it is.

edit: all about effort though. OKC doesn't seem to pick up their play unless they're in a hole during the closing minutes. Brooks has said over and over "play 48 minutes", but his team is only playing pretty much 40 minutes. Yeah it sounds lame, but they gotta give it their all to win.

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
OKC meltdown and some questionable calls. Perk picked his game up but it wasn't enough, OKC bigs are still playing lousy and Harden is hit or miss. Lack of consistency and effort on their part, along with some questionable calls again. It's those closing minutes that really do kill OKC when they try to dig themselves out of their own hole.

Hopefully they can wake up from this, alot of miscues and errors on their part when the game was close. Still a buncha calls that should've gone the other way, but it is what it is.

edit: all about effort though. OKC doesn't seem to pick up their play unless they're in a hole during the closing minutes. Brooks has said over and over "play 48 minutes", but his team is only playing pretty much 40 minutes. Yeah it sounds lame, but they gotta give it their all to win.

Yeah they can seemingly score on whim especially when it counts but they have problems doing so the whole game as you said. I think they're the better team and there's no reason the games should be close enough that it comes down to whether calls went one way or the other. There is hope though considering it was close during the first home game for the Heat. I think it's going to split and go back to OKC for Game 6 where it could go either way.

With that said I'm still rooting for Heat. :icon_ banana:

alboboy10

Reaction score
They came back to San Antonio from this same lead.

A lot of bad calls. Miami wins because of referees again

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They came back to San Antonio from this same lead.

A lot of bad calls. Miami wins because of referees again
This game was called just a little bit more evenly this time. OKC got away with some "dirty" fouls too, but it's those last 4-5 minutes of the 4th that killed them. They were clumsy, lazy on defense mostly, and had no calls their way. Durant got fouled on his drive to the basket, thabo with the steal and hit in the head and arm by wade, and I think Harden got hit a few times, all none calls. Officiating was better than game 2, but too many mistakes on OKC's part, especially free throws. The best free throw shooting team in the league and they miss 9, series as close as this one, every free throw counts.

Whatever composure that OKC had during the Finals, minus Durant, has gone out the window. They blew a 10pt lead in under 2 minutes with stupid plays and they are just lost when Durant is on the bench. Not sure if I mentioned it here, but for Durant to average over 4 fouls now in the Finals is complete bull the way they're calling it. He went from averaging a little under 3 fouls a game to pretty much 5 now, and these are little touch fouls that normally don't get called. Even when Wade and Lebron were on their separate teams they didn't get this much star treatment, it's ridiculous. Some are going to say "yeah they don't get calls either", thsi is true, but they can get away with Artest elbows right now during these finals. Refs call it in Miami's favor down the stretch and that's a fact, just look at the last 5 minutes of games 2 and 3. OKC may have played sloppy and missed free throws, but the refs are what help Miami keep a lead.

As for the Spurs-Thunder series, I honestly thought OKC would crumble. Their game 3 rebound win was amazing considering they got blown out in game 2. Last year a loss like that would've broke the team down mentally, this year though you don't know what you're going to get. No one (except the great flip flopper Stephen A Smith) saw OKC winning 4 in a row after losing 2 against SA. I had SA that series and they proved me wrong and it was awesome to watch, I hope they can find that focus again, they need it. And for all that's right in this world the Heat need to lose.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Whoever doesn't see that there's something wrong with referees...is blind.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The heat didn't win. Were you watching the game? The referees gave them the game...AGAIN.

Every single person who has slight knowledge of basketball is questioning all of these calls being made. The heat are garbage, trash. I have never seen a less classy team in the NBA, and their fans...all I'm saying is that Miami heat and their fans do not deserve to see them win anything.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that something fishy is happening with the referees.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Eh. OKC had alot of knuckleheaded plays down the stretch again, refs just pushed MIA over the edge again.

Lebron was hurt the last 5 minutes of the game and no one attacked the basket against him. Very inexperienced decisions by the Thunder tonight, especially WB who was on fire going into the lane but he stopped as soon as they were in the bonus for some stupid reason. Whatever composure and confidence they had in SA, is all gone, just look at Harden passing up on wide open shots and looking hesitant all game, he missed a breakaway layup/dunk for crying out loud. It might've been a foul, but either way refs aren't giving the calls to OKC that's for sure, so they just gotta play to finish whatever move they make. I missed the first half, but the second half, I had a feeling it'd be over once they called a clean block by Durant a foul, complete bs.

Conspiracy or whatever you want to call it, OKC's youth is showing in the critical moments. They choke, look lost, and pretty much run away from what keeps them close in games. I think the pressure is just too much for them, they seem content with making it to the Finals. Who knows, maybe they'll find some desperation and play like they did last series, but for now it definitely doesn't look like their time. I think the calls they're not getting and getting called for are really getting to their heads so they refuse to stay aggressive.

And apparently if your name isn't James or Wade, you don't get superstar treatment. I don't get how the most hated superstars in the league are getting the calls and the arguably most liked superstar isn't getting anything. Major props to KD though, he hasn't lost his cool and gotten any technicals, but I really do think that he should get one for arguing or something to fire up his team. As cool and collected as KD is, he needs to fire up his teammates by getting fired up himself. It's a real long shot now, but they can still win it in 7....

There are some real Miami fans, I know there are a few on this board and I believe them. It's the fairweather fans and the bandwagoners that are going to irk the crap outta me if Miami wins. I only know of one person in real life that's rooting Miami and already their mouth is running. Funny thing is they didn't root for them at all until the 3 stooges assembled.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
The heat didn't win. Were you watching the game? The referees gave them the game...AGAIN.

Every single person who has slight knowledge of basketball is questioning all of these calls being made. The heat are garbage, trash. I have never seen a less classy team in the NBA, and their fans...all I'm saying is that Miami heat and their fans do not deserve to see them win anything.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that something fishy is happening with the referees.

they been trying to give these three fools rings for a couple of years now, looks like they gonna succeed this year.

mozar

Reaction score
alboboy10 said:

Something fishy is an understatement. Everyone knows the NBA wants the Queen and his two court jesters to win the championship.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe okc will start getting the calls they should've been getting all along. Maybe this is Stern's sick way of extending the series. TV ratings for the playoffs have been as high as ever according to some sources.

There is a little hope left but I'll still root for OKC. Besides I don't think anyone had OKC going this far anyway, I know I didn't

As for Miami, I really believe this is anyone and done squad. All their money is poured into the 3 clowns and their supporting cast will change every year for as long they're on the same team. Spo is still a bad coach and will rely on the 2 divas to bail the team out. If BOS can't get a second title with their big 3 and excellent coach in Doc, I don't see this squad getting another ring. Let the egos of them and their fans get inflated. Everyone says "haters gonna hate" well this team truly is everything wrong with the NBA. If you want me to rant on that subject I'll gladly do so, just let me get to a PC LOL