Who plans to purchase a Note 4 on release day?

RemyL75

Reaction score
The original ship date for Verizon was 10/17. Also, that was the date I was quoted in the store. But that date changed to 10/23 later (I assumed due to availability). I went back to the store after the date change and they are still saying 10/17 for in-store availability. And only if you are a new customer or upgrading. No full cost purchasing allowed for 30 days after the date of initial release (keep in mind, this is in-store).

Moulton

Reaction score
The original ship date for Verizon was 10/17. Also, that was the date I was quoted in the store. But that date changed to 10/23 later (I assumed due to availability). I went back to the store after the date change and they are still saying 10/17 for in-store availability. And only if you are a new customer or upgrading. No full cost purchasing allowed for 30 days after the date of initial release (keep in mind, this is in-store).

So I'll have to wait until next week because I preordered?! That's some bull...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Must be something the manager decided on, because my local Verizon store said I could buy it at full price as soon as they have them available (which they said could be tomorrow). Is the store you asked in a corporate store?

JoDroid

Reaction score
I preordered one. Hoping Verizon ships it earlier than 10/23 because I leave on business for a week that day :(

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I pulled the trigger on the pre-order. I really like my S5 (with the IP67 rating being particularly handy), but I've missed the Note series tremendously. The reviews are stellar, and I really like the improvement I'm seeing with OIS being added to the camera. The $200 total trade-in from Samsung if you pre-order put it over the top for me. After selling my S5 and accessories, I'll only end up paying about $75 for the Note 4. Not too shabby. Can't wait to get my hands on it next week.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Has anyone heard whether Verizon will possibly release earlier than Oct 23rd?

Doesn't look likely at this point.

Pre-orders could potentially start shipping at anytime, but if history is any indication, that's probably not likely either.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm debating on whether to head to the store tomorrow and pay $900 or wait a month and a half until I get back to the U.S.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Timing actually works out quite well for me. We left the state on the 15th & will be back on the 22nd, so my phone should arrive shortly after we do & I'll have a new toy to play with over the weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

delcopa

Reaction score
Just hoping I get it by Friday going away next weekend and would be nice to play with the new phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Has anyone heard whether Verizon will possibly release earlier than Oct 23rd?
No it will be on Thursday the 23rd. I have a friend that works for my local Verizon store. I remember when I had to wait for my Gnote3. After the other providers had released theirs already. It was rough.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk