Who plans to purchase a Note 4 on release day?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
With Samsung announcing "it's next big thing" (and with a 5.7 inch screen, it certainly falls into that category), who will be picking up the device on release from their cellular provider?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im on the bubble. It is time to upgrade the note 2 but with rumors of a Moto Nexus phone I am going to have to wait and see the official specs and images of it first before I can commit to the note 4.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With each new version of the Note, it becomes harder to resist the functionality of it. I'm still not partial to the screen size, but I may come around eventually.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
This is possibly the first phone in the Note series that I might pass on - not because I don't like the device cause I do but I am happy currently with the LG G3 and I am kinda interested to see what Moto will do with the possibility of the a phablet and the upcoming Xperia Z3...

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Not sure, I love the note series but it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me. And with the note edge coming out too hmm Mai just don't know they have the same specs but the edge has a 5.6 inch display which is bothersome but that curved right corner looks promising. We'll see when there is more info on both.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm with you STG. I love my G3. If I do jump, it would be to the Edge.

whippleman

Reaction score
Will be moving from Note 3 to 4 on first day :). Due to me having dropped my note 3 in water though, It's been sketchy ever since

Aiiyiiyiii

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 3
I'm very happy with my Note 3. Higher res display, faster processor, more memory all good things, but the biggest improvement I would notice in the 4 is the camera. More pixels and longer zoom. But enough to make me jump for it? Nope. The Edge? pretty cool thing but I don't need it.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Am a little disappointed the note 4 isn't coming with 4gb of ram or a bigger screen. Reading on the edge not real sure about it now we'll see.

big al

Reaction score
The lack of water / dustproofing is a real disappointment for me. This was the 1 feature I would move for and could justify.
Their excuse of productivity on the go means dealing with weather on the go. This was an epic omission.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The lack of water / dustproofing is a real disappointment for me. This was the 1 feature I would move for and could justify.
Their excuse of productivity on the go means dealing with weather on the go. This was an epic omission.
I know where you're coming from. Seems they spoiled us with the S5

delcopa

Reaction score
I've had the note 2 and the note 3 both on release day. Depending on features might get the note 4 next.

bases1616

Reaction score
I am definitely in for the Note 4. I passed on the S5 for my upgrade a couple months ago just to see what this phone was all about. I think it will fit nicely for my new phone over the next two years. The new Snapdragon 805 processor should hold up pretty well until next upgrade time:)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I will get it as a Christmas Gift to myself. I just wish they kept the speakers on the bottom of the phone or moved it to the front instead of the back. I still love my GNote3.

hradek422

Reaction score
I'll be making the jump. It's not going to cost me much extra anyway. I'm just going to Edge Up from my Note 3. I'm eligible to Edge Up right now if I pay another $50 on my current Edge contract. I am disappointed in the lack of waterproofing. Maybe I should wait and see if they release a water-resistant version in a few months....