Who is waiting for the OTA ICS??

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Probably quite a few. At least anyone waiting for OTA. ICS really has breathed new life into the phone. I'm very impressed with what Moto has accomplished. I just wish we didn't have a locked bootloader so that there wasn't any risk involved in using the leaks. Then everyone who wanted to could safely play.

deborah3756

Reaction score
I upgraded to SG3 and gave my son the Bionic. So, just yes I'm still waiting for The OTA. Frankly, I'm disgusted with Motorola phones. Motorola puts these great idea phones on the market that don't work as advertised then spend months coming up with fixes. Then the carriers spend more months rolling the fixes out. By the time the fix reaches the consumers, it's time to upgrade. I'm disgusted with all of them.

chuck54

Reaction score
Idk, I think Motorola has the absolute best hardware, but Verizon really screws with the exceptional software ...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
they should start rolling out all the newest software for all the phones capable of handling it at the same time... I realize all phones are different and need different tweaks but there shouldn't be such a large gap between the newest phones and phones from a few months ago

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
they should start rolling out all the newest software for all the phones capable of handling it at the same time... I realize all phones are different and need different tweaks but there shouldn't be such a large gap between the newest phones and phones from a few months ago

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is close to what Motorola is trying to do, but we're in the beginning phases. Their three top phones are almost identical and are getting upgraded pretty close to one another, I'm guessing moving forward the differences in their phones will be minimal, qwerty or no, etc. Then the upgrades will be almost simultaneous!

OP

3sweeties

Reaction score
I have to concur... I think motorola is one of the best over all. Of the seven Droid motorola smartphones we have had.. The screen had only been broken on one and it was my 12 year old son's phone that was broken at school. I cannot tell you how many tinges I have dropped these phones.

I've had a HTC very first generation of smart phone and it felt like plastic. Had an lg revolution that I couldn't get rid of fast enough!. I couldn't tell you how many times I have done a search against an I phone and beat it. I phones have to have overtly bulky cases to prevent breakage... Mine are naked and awesome! Sure I wish we could get ics sooner, but I can wait!. I was the generation that had the first bagged cell phone.... Motorola of course... Things have come a long way and I'm enjoying the ride to see just how far this will go in my life time. Sometimes the joy if in the travel not the destination. I would buy this phone again! Still waiting for the ota!!

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I have to agree with 2sweeties, my moto phones have all been rock solid. From the brick to the bag to the bionic. I have many friends with iPhones that have shattered screens. I had a tbolt before the bionic that my son now has and the screen is shattered on that. Never broke a moto phone. I would buy another bionic in a heartbeat. I wish I had not wasted my upgrades on other phones.

Reaction score
I've been waiting forever. I would love to have it before august, but that's not happening im guessing. I've gotten so used to the data drops that it doesn't even bother me anymore.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not a chance. Second week of august is pushing it at this point. No soak test yet. Ugh.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Sadly I was told by a verizon employee that it may be around Sept before we see anything .

Reaction score
I usually wouldn't go with what a Verizon employee says, but at this rate it looks like that employee may be correct..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
How the hell could the bionic not have ics yet? In a non trolling way, i haven't been following bionic news....

Googorola MAXX

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Well, leaks seemed to have slowed down so I guess it's possible they sent something to Veridumb to test. There are things that probably aren't acceptable, though. Well, user side, not network side, so maybe 4 weeks sounds right. Wish all Android phones on Verizon could just let Verizon fix and approve radio side and let OS alone somehow.

Edit: I'd encourage lack of ril but... That's not a fix lol.

What could Big Red lock down and still save custom ROMS for Android?

,,,..... Bionic ICS 6.7.232 'stock' w/ root

Last edited: