Can you root OTA ICS?

Reaction score
So I was already having trouble installing the OTA ICS but fixed it by getting completely getting rid of Safestrap. So I install ICS and then I realize I didn't root my phone after having removed Safestrap. Am I going to have to FXZ to .905 again and re-do everything or can I root the Bionic while I'm already on ICS?

lm2

Reaction score
I believe you can root 246 with a tool called Razr's Edge. But search to confirm.

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
I believe you can root 246 with a tool called Razr's Edge. But search to confirm.

I believe that's Motofail and I was able to root my phone with that in Gingerbread. But for some reason in ICS the daemon is started succesfully and then nothing happens.

lm2

Reaction score
OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
After trying to FXZ back to .905 and failing miserably because I think you can't, I gave RAZR's Edge one more try and IT WORKED!!

Now..my problem lies with Recovery. Everytime I enter recovery I see a android laying down with a bright red triangle so it probably means there's a problem. Prior to getting root, I cleared cache and did a factory reset but now after root I still have that image on my phone. My phone works fine but I don't want this to become an issue in the future. Any know how to diagnose or fix it? This occured AFTER I tried FXZ'ing 905 through RSD Lite because after I did that I got a welcome screen but from ICS, NOT Gingerbread.