Who has gotten the 2.3.20 OTA update? and when?

bigrb9

Reaction score
just installed it now, using the instructions and file from here.....

blwn327

Reaction score
I'm rooted right now,if i follow the instructions on here will i have to re root?or do I have to do some sort of unroot first b4 i can install update?thanx

jasnmar

Reaction score
Following these instructions will cause you to lose root. Same methods work to get it back.

Sent from my DROID2

event121

Reaction score
... Can't imagine what goes through the head of a Verizon corporate crum bum to insist on installing VZ navigator for this phone. What moron would even consider paying $10/ month when you can get it for free?

Options. They want you to have options. If you are familiar with VZNav from a previous device, you can still use it on this one. If you don't want to figure out Google Maps and are in a rush, you can sync your maps/addresses/recent navs with VZNav and you're off and going.

Google Nav is still listed as "Beta" even though it's pretty much at a release state. So to give customers more choices, VZNav gets pre-installed.

A horrible decision looking at it from our side in that it takes up memory, is unnecessary (b/c of google nav), and costs money if we want to use it.

A good decision considering the masses of consumers who are getting Droids and have no clue how to use it and want something familiar. It's extra money in the bank and people will pay for it because they don't want to spend time learning something different.

I really wish all VZW apps were made available through the Market only. I can't stand seeing "3G Mobile Hotspot" at the top of my app drawer because I'll never use that feature. However, people think it's too much of a hassle to go into the Market to find something made specifically for their phone. There are more of them then us and so we get extra (cr)apps.

jasnmar

Reaction score
What error are you getting? Are you sure that the file is named correctly and is in the correct location?
Are you running with the stock ROM?

Sent from my DROID2

jasnmar

Reaction score
I actually don't mind them being installed, but the fact that they are non removable is a problem. Having them installed by default would allow users that don't go to the market to find them, but still allow those that know more to get rid of them.
Unfortunately the people making some of these decisions come to marketing agreements with out considering all of the details. :(

Sent from my DROID2

Rizzy99

Reaction score
I was able to pull the update OTA this morning when i woke up. Installed on my way to work. Gonna reroot when i get off. Didn't have much time to mess with it before i got here. AppBrain did force close twice after the update, but there was an update for AppBrain this morning and seems to be acting fine now. Probably should have cleared cache before i updated but i forgot.

kylosma

Reaction score
Just installed it, Cullowhee NC. Have to re-root.

SparkleBunny

Reaction score
I was just going to install manually, and then figured I'd see if my phone had automatically gotten it yet. Turns out it had. Hurray!

AngusW

Reaction score
I just got it. Took a quick look at the battery manager to see this improved battery life and didn't see anything. Must not be something we can adjust ourselves.