Who gave you your first cigarette?

Natey2

Reaction score
Trying to get some unofficial numbers on where/how you got started smoking, if you are/were a smoker...

huskur

Reaction score
OK....I will start.....

It was my (ex)girlfriend 23 years ago after we had sex. I have not had a cigarette in 6 years......even when i smoked it was only maybe 6 a day.

huskur

Reaction score
OK....I will start.....

It was my (ex)girlfriend 23 years ago after we had sex. I have not had a cigarette in 6 years......even when i smoked it was only maybe 6 a day.

Damn I miss those days!!:biggrin: (not the smoking days. The being 16 and no worries in the world days)

r314bd

Reaction score
Oh man, I remember this like it was yesterday. I was in grade school and was really influenced by the DARE program so I though cigarettes were the worst thing on the planet. One night a couple of the "cool" kids from school who lived in my neighborhood threw pebbles at my window and so I snuck out to go hang with them. We went to the neighborhood park where one of them pulled out a cigarette for us to try. I just completely froze...the combination of having snuck out of the house in the middle of the night plus the cigarette plus the peer pressure was sensory overload for me. I took one puff (had no idea what I was doing), felt my life flash before my eyes, and that was that. 15+ years later and that's the only cigarette puff I've ever taken in my life.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are doing better than me. Never even puffed a cigarette. Ever.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Same here :smile-b:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My friend got me smoking...lol... He didn't try to pressure... Just was like you want one? Some times I said no sometimes I said yes (back then...haha)

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I stole one from my mom when I was about sixteen or seventeen and it was awful. I didn't smoke another one until I was on a river toobing trip a year or two ago, and those are the only two cigarettes I've ever puffed!
Cigars, on the other hand... Wood-tip wine flavored Black & Mild's are perfect for long road trips (which seem to happen often here in Texas).

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My Uncle gave me one when I was 10 because I asked for it. I ran out of the house across the street to my friends because I was cool and wanted to show them. I lit it, inhaled, coughed my lungs out, got dizzy then sick. Never smoked one ever again. When I was out being "cool" with my friends I heard my Aunt had yelled at my Uncle "why did you give him a cigarette?!!" His reply; "because he will never smoke another one again." :big smile:

True story and he was right

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never smoked, cigarettes, cigars or cannabis. I hate the smell of smoke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Found a pack of unfiltered cigarettes when I was 12 so I decided to smoke them. I smoked the whole pack in about 3 hours. At first only puffing one or two smokes from each before putting it out and when done with all 20 of then I relight the buds and smoke the rest. One week later somebody gave me a filtered cigarette which after a pack of unfiltered seemed like the best thing ever. I smoked for 15+ years till I decided to quit, well not exactly quit cause I am not a quitter but for the last year I only smoked occasionally couple cigarettes per month.
I had my lungs checked to see what were the effects for starting smoking at such a young age and my lung function, capacity and health is well above a normal person, actually it's so good that most the devices they used to measure my lung function went off the scale, even my doctor joked that I can start smoking full time again with no problems.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Same.

My grandpa was a heavy chain smoker. Everyday he went outside he told me and my cousins never to smoke and that it's bad for you and also a waste of money. Haven't even touched one in all my life.

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
My experience is similar. When I was a teenager, smokers would ask me if I wanted one. When I told them I didn't smoke, they'd always say something like "Good, don't start, or you won't be able to quit, like me" and start laughing.
I don't recall anyone ever pressuring me to smoke.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
One night I was with my younger cousin and aunts boyfriend, and my aunts bf offered so I tried it. Wasn't too bad. But I wasn't too thrilled about it. I've tried a couple here and there at parties. But on my own it was only a few months ago where I bought my own pack of lucky strikes, then camels. To me smoking is whatever i'd probably do it here and there but I couldn't be a chain smoker but I could also go without smoking.

Sent from my Droid2 using DroidForums

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
I used to hang out with a co-worker who was a heavy smoker. One day a teenage kid walked up to us when we were dining outdoors, and asked her for a cigarette (she was smoking at the time). She started pulling out a cigarette, when I asked her what she thought she was doing. Very awkward moment, but I figure kids have strange ways of getting cigarettes.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk