Who else sets their brightness to the lowest setting?

spazma7ik

I do, I find the screen beautiful like this and it takes less battery, to be honest the brightest hurts my eyes after using it on the lowest setting.

Guurzak

I set mine to lowest unless I'm outside or other too-bright environment. The screen looks fine in most settings and it's easier on the battery too.

I used to leave my screen on lowest brightness but it was a little inconvenient to keep changing it whenever I was outside then back when I was inside. I just leave it on auto brightness now and let my Droid decide. It DOES everything else anyway. :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Same here, auto brightness ... I haven't really seen it change too many times during use. If you hold it in one position whereever you happen to be, kinda stabilizes out ...

I keep mine set to auto-dim. And I do not like it, no sir.

The brightness is fine in an office, or outside, I don't mind the screen. And in dim conditions it's good too. But in complete darkness, the auto-dimming does not get dim enough. I haven't tried manually setting it in the dark to see how it works.

This is especially a concern with the multimedia station which I have by my bed, where it's very bright even with auto-dimming, and pressing the little lightbulb for night mode. The worst part of that is that for some STUPID reason, the four lit buttons at the bottom (or right side in this case) of the screen stay on forever with the multimedia station, and do not seem to dim at all.

The other thing I don't like about auto-dimming is that when I hold the phone in landscape (horizontal) orientation, I keep putting my thumb over the sensor and then it dims.

tom

crspang

I leave mine on auto. Except when I'm outside or in the car, it seems like its always too bright outside for me to comfortably see the screen when on auto.

DroidGurl

After I saw how much the display was eating up the battery life I put it on the lowest setting and just leave it there. Twice I have found the display not bright enough outside but it was only briefly and I didn't bother to change it. I have the power widget installed so I could easily change it if needed. :)