Brightness Settings

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have my setting for brightness on lowest possible, which gives me like 30 hrs of battery life from full charge to about 5%. But of course that is at the expense of the beautiful bright screen haha. Anyone here leave their brightness at max, or at auto brightness and still get a decent charge? I would like to have the screen bright, but don't want to do that at a huge expense to battery life...:motdroidvert:

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I have my on the brightest setting but my phone is also set to sleep mode like 30 sec or something. I can go probably half to full day on one charge depending if im playing games, surf or not. Thats 7am - around 6 or 7pm.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
When I first got mine I read all the posts about lowering your brightness to save the battery, but when I was out in the sun or in different situations, I could not see my screen very well. I set it back to auto and I like it. Auto is pretty smart and will adjust your screen for the best viewing brighness. I am sure my battery suffers from it, but I always make it through a whole day without it going dead. Occasionally I have to plug it in before I go to bed, but that is if I use it a lot.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have mine set to auto brightness and get about a day and a half with moderate to heave use.

im also overclocked(1200mhz) when in use and underclocked(250mhz) when not in use

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok thanks, i guess the best way for me to test is to just try it myself haha...see how long i get with auto brightness

KevinJ

Reaction score
I have auto-brightness on and I usually get 4 or 5 days.

Can you tell I don't use it for much more than making phone calls? :)

T

tsitalon1

I'm on Droid mod, anyone know if there is a rom or anything that can increase brightness beyond the normal levels?

I ask b/c sometimes it's still hard to see in bright situations....