While we have GB, should I ever get another Motorola phone?

knighthonor

Reaction score
I have a Droid X 2.3.3 from Motorola, and I notice many issues.
I was wondering, does Motorola phones in general, have issues with the new Android update?

If so, should I pass on current GB Motorola android phones?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case really. I personally may never buy a Motorola device again but more for the fact that I hate blur and their policy of locking down devices. Their hardware on the other hand is spectacular, and I'm sure they will figure out any issues they are having with gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wyld

Reaction score
I am currently on DarkslideX gingerbread rom it seems that some of the bugs have been fixed in DarkslideX. I flashed it last night haven't had a chance to run thru everything yet. And as far as getting another Motorola device. I will most certainly buy nothing else but a motorola phone. But that is my personal choice. With any software or device there's gonna a few bugs with it.

DROIDX DarkslideX 1.15 Ghz

destin246

Reaction score
I am currently on DarkslideX gingerbread rom it seems that some of the bugs have been fixed in DarkslideX. I flashed it last night haven't had a chance to run thru everything yet. And as far as getting another Motorola device. I will most certainly buy nothing else but a motorola phone. But that is my personal choice. With any software or device there's gonna a few bugs with it.

DROIDX DarkslideX 1.15 Ghz

+1

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case really. I personally may never buy a Motorola device again but more for the fact that I hate blur and their policy of locking down devices. Their hardware on the other hand is spectacular, and I'm sure they will figure out any issues they are having with gingerbread.

I agree with you completely. That and the low quality of the devices.

sent from my ApeX

destin246

Reaction score

I agree with you completely. That and the low quality of the devices.

sent from my ApeX

Low quality? How does every moto device have low quality?

Sent from my A500 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My family has had X's, D2's and more including flip phones. My X has had more issues than my mom's LG Ally, and I baby this phone. Even my iPod touch never had any issues. My first Droid X basically bricked the first day I had it. I had to activate my old LG to use for the day until I could get it fixed.

My HDMI port is broken and I rarely ever used it, the keys are really loose, and it has had some other software issues. I'm on my second battery also.

sent from my ApeX

donzz

Reaction score
Must be bad luck on your part, Brad. I have had my D-1 since day one with no issues. Only when the Bionic comes out will I have a new phone.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have had my D1 since Feb of last year and haven't had a single issue. It runs a little slower than I'd like but soon I will replace it with a Bionic. I never had issues with my Razor two phones ago either.

tommyg562000

Reaction score

Blur or any manufacturer gui is pretty much a non issue as there are so many launchers u can use on the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe the Droid 1 is the best phone Moto has made. My cousin had one and he is the hardest on phones out of anyone I have seen.

I am really thinking about getting a Droid 1 if I can get one cheap.

sent from my ApeX