While on a call.....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Network doesn't support it currently unless you're on WiFi. LTE (4G) will support it though :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
Its the nature of the protocol that VZW is using, Sprint too. CDMA does not allow voice/data simultaneously like GSM (AT&T & T-Mo) does. LTE will fix that, however.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

Reaction score
Its the only thing AT&T has going for it. Hence they always talk about it on the commercials.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
I didn't realize this until I got my Droid X...4G can't get here quick enough!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got WiFi around you? If so, you can do this...now :)

I didn't realize this until I got my Droid X...4G can't get here quick enough!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

qman66

Reaction score
Yea but this person also asked if u can text while on a call and u can. U should be able to text while on a cal on any feature phone or dumb phone as well because text is not data.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea but this person also asked if u can text while on a call and u can. U should be able to text while on a cal on any feature phone or dumb phone as well because text is not data.

True! I seem to have missed that! OP, you should be able to text just fine while on a call as long as it is SMS and not MMS.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
idk about you guys but im pretty sure i searched for something using my browser while on a call. maybe im just confused but ill try it next time

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
idk about you guys but im pretty sure i searched for something using my browser while on a call. maybe im just confused but ill try it next time

I believe you did it. But you had to have WiFi active. CMDA does not allow it, it's not capable of doing it.

OP
B

BillyEllas

Reaction score
So to use t internet on a call i have to get t lte 4g phone? I love my droid x, ill never get rid of it. No i cant send a text whn im on a call either. Whn 4g comes out i can use t internet whil on a call? Wht wud i hav2 do? Im not gettng another phone i love t droid x. I cant do that wth this phone? That sucks i thought"droid does" but it wnt do what t iphone or any at&t or tmoble phone already does? I just wana be able to google sumthng whil on a call or text sm1 whil on a call. It shudnt be that complicated

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
You can send a text while on a call. I just put it on speaker phone then press the home button and send a text or go on the internet. Your phone is still completely usable while in a call.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So to use t internet on a call i have to get t lte 4g phone? I love my droid x, ill never get rid of it. No i cant send a text whn im on a call either. Whn 4g comes out i can use t internet whil on a call? Wht wud i hav2 do? Im not gettng another phone i love t droid x. I cant do that wth this phone? That sucks i thought"droid does" but it wnt do what t iphone or any at&t or tmoble phone already does? I just wana be able to google sumthng whil on a call or text sm1 whil on a call. It shudnt be that complicated
To wrap this up:

1. Read all the posts prior to this.
2. You can text while on a call currently
3. Any network on CDMA (Sprint, Verizon, USCC) you cannot surf the internet while on a call.
4. If you have wifi enabled on your phone and hooked to wifi you can talk and surf at the same time
5. LTE will take care of the problem about talking and surfing simultaneously whether you're on wifi or not.
6. Read all the posts prior to this.

harrellj

Reaction score
7. To take advantage of that feature of LTE, you'll need an LTE capable phone. No phone currently out is.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
8) Swap from Verizon and Droid X, got to At&T and buy an iPhone...or wait just a few more days/weeks/months until all 4G LTE pieces are in place for you..Phone, Service, and Plan.:)