which protection to use

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the screen sheild from zagg and from day one I've been satisfied.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

freeformlaw

Reaction score
Never ever use invisible shield its your worst choice it bubbles fast and its plastic. Get ghost armor or clear coat I think ghost armor over clear coat. But what they both are is a Polly urithane (sp) and its millitary grade what is cooler then that. That and don't get a hard or gel case it rubs off the paint and plastic on your phone so.

Invisible shield bad

Hard case bad

Ghost armor clear coat good

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Update
Oh and ghost armor and clear coat cover more then the scream it covers the whole phone. Its also semi permanent so it doesn't stay on your phone when you try to take it off but holds on perfect.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only thing with invisible shield is you have to apply it like you do window tint. Wet the screen with water/soap and water/window cleaner, wet the back side of the shield, apply to screen, slide around until in place, then use a squeege or a credit card and slide across screen to get the liquid and bubbles out. First day or two the shield will still be drying to the screen so try not to rough up the corners too much but after the first couple days you should be fine

rlmesq

Reaction score
I got good results with Zagg by using a bowl of water with a heavy dose of dish soap. Instead of using the spray bottle, I just soaked the screen protector prior to installation. It was plenty wet and slippery to position, and complete immersion makes it almost impossible for the adhesive to pick up fingerprints.

freeformlaw

Reaction score
Yes they all need to be done the windows tint way UNLESS you can do it in one shot perfect. Trust me I have worked in the cellphone industry for a few years and the best on out there is clear coat or ghost armor

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Njn92

Reaction score
I got zagg to absolutely love it. Buying skin z for my laptop next gideon them of course

Sent from the samsung fascinate.

Volones

Reaction score
I put the Zagg InvisibleShield on my SF and my wife's DX. We are both very satisfied with the product. I fully trust it with keeping my screen safe for years, and see NO evidence of it getting bubbles.

My only complaint, and it is a minor one at that, is the tactile feel of the InvisibleShield. My finger doesn't slide on the screen as easily now, and that causes some problems when I'm trying to slide a webpage, app drawer, or any other screen around. The screen now feels less slick, if that makes any sense.

I also got an inexpensive hard case from Amazon. While it doesn't fit as tightly as I would like, thus letting in some debris, I haven't seen any scratches from it, and will probably just get some self-adhesive felt to improve the fit.

In short...
ZAGG InvisibleShield = Great
Cheap rubberized hard case = just OK

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
Ive always used Zagg. I only had to cash in on the warranty once. It was easy and a pleasure. I currently have an otter box defender on order.