Case and Screen protection recommendations

Reaction score
I use ghostarmor for all my electronic devices (phones and tablets). Lifetime warranty :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
thread bump, people still asking, and i havent found one yet...lol

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I have the Otterbox Defender, and it's a pretty solid case. It will fit the extended battery too!

**Only gripe I have is that the screen protector that is attached to the front plate of the otter box is not the greatest. If you have greasy hands from eating food and need to use your phone, that grease slick will need a good rubbing to get off the screen. Also, you have to press down a little harder than you would if the protector wasn't there.

Other than that, I couldn't feel more secure about the level of protection it gives my phone. I love the ruggedized look ^-^

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
people have been ripping that plastic out. how big is it in the pocket. thats where my phone goes, silicon sticks right? so does tgp or whatever... plus verizon wants what 50 bucks for the ottorbox? thats 1/6 the cost of the phone and it doesnt even turn on or do anything but sit there

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
people have been ripping that plastic out. how big is it in the pocket. thats where my phone goes, silicon sticks right? so does tgp or whatever... plus verizon wants what 50 bucks for the ottorbox? thats 1/6 the cost of the phone and it doesnt even turn on or do anything but sit there

Yeah i might end up ripping it off. If you wear skinny jeans... I dont advise this case at all. It fits comfortably enough in my basketball shorts. I only had to pay 32 since my wife works for vzw :)

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
Yeah i might end up ripping it off. If you wear skinny jeans... I dont advise this case at all. It fits comfortably enough in my basketball shorts. I only had to pay 32 since my wife works for vzw :)
thats a helpful discount! no skinny jeans here, but not shorts all the time either

cmdrdredd

Reaction score

Honestly, the otterbox is not made to go in a pocket. That's why companies make slim cases. You are supposed to use the holster that comes with the otterbox. It is slightly large because it offers a lot of protection and it's worth it for that alone. The otterbox is not for everyone but IMO it's the best case out there.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
It fits in my normal, not baggy, slim work pants pocket without an issue. Jeans are a different story. I do wish that they used a slightly different type of outer material. However, it doesn't stick in my pocket or really get that much lint on it, and seems to have improved from my droid x one. Definitely wish it didnt cost as much, but I can't say that a lot of other cases will last as long as I have the phone.......forever! (Or 2 years....)
The screen protector doesn't bother me that much, but I haven't found a screen protector that I want to buy yet so maybe that will change if I do. Also feel a lot better letting the little one play with it with the built in protector on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

LaGgY_42o

Reaction score
I suggest The XO Skins screen protector, it is completely invisible and doesn't have that orange peel effect that others have, the only way I can tell its on there is looking really close or by the feel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums