Which Phone?

vanalex

Reaction score
Signed up here to read and read. I have a contract up in February 2011 and looking to get a droid. Will have to use Verizon at they are best in this area. Currently using two Motorola I335 with Nextel but Nextel not good here and range extenders really expensive. Currently leaning to a Droid 2 or X. Wife wants an Iphone but if not on Verizon, ATT is not an option here. Looking to see what new phones come out for the Holidays and will have to make a decision in a couple months.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - by February there should be a whole new line up of Android Phones to choose from - your contract couldn't end at a better time

OP
V

vanalex

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. A whole new line up is good and bad. I am already having a tough time making a decision.

taggert

Reaction score
I agree

Totally know what you're dealing with....so many good phone with more capabilities than I'll ever need (IMHO). I'm all ready with Verizon though. My "New Every 2" is up 1/2/11 and am doing some research to decide on a smart phone. I know there are more possibilities coming out the beginning of 2011 - like Verizon getting iPhones (I have verification from a VZW sales rep that it's true). I really have liked everything I've read about the Droid X and would like to go that route. Anyone with thoughts on 1) if they will still be available then and 2) if I should wait until 1/2/11 (to get my addtl discount) or go ahead and bite the bullet now? (are plans changing - fees increasing with the new 4G roll out)

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. A whole new line up is good and bad. I am already having a tough time making a decision.

Well come February, we should see LTE phones just launching with some amazing specs and features. Personally it seems the devices to get will be the LG Star and the HTC Mecha. Keep an eye on this forum as I'm sure we will be more information in the coming months- most likely in Jan.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know you are new but I have to ask you not to cross post. You posted in the introduction thread asking the same question. This causes confusion, please do not do that in the future.

taggert

Reaction score
Sorry

Sorry about that. I saw the instructions for introducing yourself to the thread after I had posted on this thread. I will be careful not to do that in the future.

Thanks for your replies/advice.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Well come February, we should see LTE phones just launching with some amazing specs and features. Personally it seems the devices to get will be the LG Star and the HTC Mecha. Keep an eye on this forum as I'm sure we will be more information in the coming months- most likely in Jan.

Indeed we will! Personally, I'm waiting to see what is available in the dual core area before I part ways with my D1.