Which phone should I upgrade too?

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
So I have an ability to upgrade (for a long time now) from the OG Droid, and I'm not going to upgrade until Spring because I'm a little tight in money right now. I just want some suggestions from people of which phone I should upgrade too. I had my mind set to Galaxy Nexus but the Droid RAZR MAXX seems like it'll be GOOD :blink: And also the Droid 4. The thing is Motorola has those locked bootloaders and Galaxy Nexus is pureee open source development and I am what you call a flash-a-holic meaning I like jumping from rom to rom and can never seem to stick to one (because I love flashing lol)

So please guys, help me make a decision? Would be greatly appreciated ;)

dzone67

Reaction score
So I have an ability to upgrade (for a long time now) from the OG Droid, and I'm not going to upgrade until Spring because I'm a little tight in money right now. I just want some suggestions from people of which phone I should upgrade too. I had my mind set to Galaxy Nexus but the Droid RAZR MAXX seems like it'll be GOOD :blink: And also the Droid 4. The thing is Motorola has those locked bootloaders and Galaxy Nexus is pureee open source development and I am what you call a flash-a-holic meaning I like jumping from rom to rom and can never seem to stick to one (because I love flashing lol)

So please guys, help me make a decision? Would be greatly appreciated ;)

Hold on tight a bit longer for some Quad core goodness!

Sent from a Rezound!

Verro84

Reaction score
Just go to a Verizon store and check em' out to get a feel for the phones but if your a Flash-A-Holic I would go with the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Syraz

Reaction score
I been able to upgrade since the 4th, moved so I havent had money yet, this week I can. I am still stuck between the Gnex, Razr Maxx and Rezound, all have good and bad. Gnex still top leader for me, but even after hour in store playing with them I am still lost on which to get..oi

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your a self proclaimed flash-a-holiday I would say get the Nexus. There are already plenty of roms and it will be supported for a long time to come due to its open nature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha, it's what im worried for is if I get a Gnex now, ill probably regret it cause some better phones will be released like a couple months after.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
If you stick with this thinking you'll always regret getting a new phone. Mobile industry moves so fast that you can't possibly keep up with the latest and greatest, unless you got the money to pay for full retail.

Syraz

Reaction score
Their will always be a better phone about to come out..
the Gnex will have best long term support both via google and developers that is why I am 98% sure I am getting it..