Which Kernel

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Been having troubles installing a custom kernel with 5.0.9. I've have searched but did not see an answer so if I missed something please let me know.

Everytime I install 5.0.9 and then try to install a custom kernel (specifically any of the P3 kernels) I end up with a phone that constantly reboots because it says my battery is dead and to please connect the charger. I connect the charger and it does not recognize it. I have restored back to 1.0 and I have 80% battery.

Anyone have this problem and what custom kernel is compatible to 5.0.9??

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Been having troubles installing a custom kernel with 5.0.9. I've have searched but did not see an answer so if I missed something please let me know.

Everytime I install 5.0.9 and then try to install a custom kernel (specifically any of the P3 kernels) I end up with a phone that constantly reboots because it says my battery is dead and to please connect the charger. I connect the charger and it does not recognize it. I have restored back to 1.0 and I have 80% battery.

Anyone have this problem and what custom kernel is compatible to 5.0.9??

Scroll down the page of p3Droids and make sure you are downloading his Froyo kernels. The battery issue that you described is because you tried installing a 2.1 kernel on a 2.2 ROM. Had the same thing happen to me ages ago on my first shot at Froyo. Once you download and install one of his Froyo kernels all should be good to go.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The odd thing is I am currently running Kangerade 1.0 and am running the same P3 kernel as I was trying to put on with 5.0.9. I am now trying Chevy's kernels to see if I get the same results. Hopefully not, its getting a bit frustrating. I know what is causing the problem but have not figured out a solution yet.

thedroid

Reaction score
The odd thing is I am currently running Kangerade 1.0 and am running the same P3 kernel as I was trying to put on with 5.0.9. I am now trying Chevy's kernels to see if I get the same results. Hopefully not, its getting a bit frustrating. I know what is causing the problem but have not figured out a solution yet.

I have been using Chevy's kernals. I was using the ULV kernals which worked ok, but though I would try some other ones. I switched to the medium 1200mHz kernal and everything is so much better. My battery life has improved and launcher pro is much faster.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score

I have been using Chevy's kernals. I was using the ULV kernals which worked ok, but though I would try some other ones. I switched to the medium 1200mHz kernal and everything is so much better. My battery life has improved and launcher pro is much faster.

I concur as I made the switch from ultra low voltage to P3's standard voltage kernels and seem to get better performance and battery life also.

Personally I'm coming to the conclusion the uLV are not what they are cracked up to be. they cause more issue then you actually notice unless you try a different kernel and compare the performance.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am going to try Chevy's medium voltage kernels. It seems any ulv or lv kernels I try the phone either reboots with a "dead" battery or gets stuck in a boot loop. The stock kernel is not bad but I would like a little more speed so lets hope this works.

OP
dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay I am not sure what is going on but I tried to install Chevy's mv 1.1 kernel and it booted just fine. Went into my SetCPU to set up my profiles and it says I do not have root. So I went to Terminal Emulator and it won't open, I get an error message stating that TE has stopped working. This is really frustrating to me.

Any one have any suggestions as to why I am having so much trouble when trying to apply a custom kernel????????