Which 3g Android phone

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Ok, my wife has an HTC Rhyme with many problems. Verizon is letting her choose a different phone but can only be 3g and no apple product.
Which phone out there is pretty good and something we should look at? I own a Bionic and like it pretty good now since the latest update but its 4g.

Thanks all.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well the best thing I'd recommend is for her to go look at the phones herself and get some hands-on time. Verizon still has a very solid lineup of 3g phones (D3, X2, Inc 2, etc.)

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
IMHO the Incredible 2 is one of the best if not the best 3g phone VZ has out. It's also going to get ICS. I'm not sure how many other 3g phones are due for it. I know mine has been flawless so far.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMHO the Incredible 2 is one of the best if not the best 3g phone VZ has out. It's also going to get ICS. I'm not sure how many other 3g phones are due for it. I know mine has been flawless so far.

+10 love that phone...

BobB

Reaction score
HTC Incredible 2

Like others, I also really love my Incredible 2. Specifically (1) it is a great size with its 4" screen, fits in pockets easily and I have small hands so it's easy to use one-handed (2) it is very stable, I just don't have any locking up/reboot etc. issues with it (3) it has really good battery life, relatively speaking for a smartphone (4) it is one of VZW's few global phones, which for me is important (5) and I think it has a great screen. Of course, it is a 3G phone, so downloads of course are not as fast as 4G, but as far as other operations of the phone, to me it feels very zippy. I have been eligible for an upgrade for a while and because for me good battery life is so much more important than 4G, I haven't even been tempted to upgrade.

OP
Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, she ordered the inc2

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Good choice! Tell her to have fun with it.