Where's my trash can or how do I get rid of icons?

WAuser

Reaction score
I've wound up with 3 market icons and two browser icons on my Motorola Droid screen. I read that you can drag them over a trashcan but I don't see a trashcan anywhere. How do I get rid of these excess icons please??

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just long press on the icon and drag it to the bottom and you will see the trash can.

cknight91

Reaction score
Just long press on the icon and drag it to the bottom and you will see the trash can.

Just adding to this; this is correct, but it isn't necessarily the at the 'bottom'. You long press the icon until it shakes/vibrates, then a trash icon will appear where the application menu 'tab' is on your desktop (bottom if in portrait mode and to the right if in landscape mode). I hope this helps.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
So If I can get one of these ( and I really want one) am I gonna remember all this stuff on how to do things??? :icon_eek:

Oh wait, you guys are here with this forum.... NEVEMIND...:)

DRGEVANS

Reaction score
Deleting icon

I have tried this myself. When I drag it to the trash can, nothing happens. Any other suggestions. Never mind. It worked when the icon was red. Just as Danny said.

Last edited:

Moonstruck1

Reaction score
I don't like my new Droid. However, deleting these duplicate icons was one of my few successes. If you get the touch right, you can drag the extra icons to the bottom (where the app bar is) and the app bar turns into a trash can, and you can delete the extra icons. You have to work on the touch....it's not automatic that you can drag the icon....sometimes, it wants to open, instead. Keep playing around with it; you'll get it.

silverx10

Reaction score
I don't like my new Droid. However, deleting these duplicate icons was one of my few successes. If you get the touch right, you can drag the extra icons to the bottom (where the app bar is) and the app bar turns into a trash can, and you can delete the extra icons. You have to work on the touch....it's not automatic that you can drag the icon....sometimes, it wants to open, instead. Keep playing around with it; you'll get it.

What?

You press. And hold. The phone will vibrate if you've got haptic feedback enabled, and your app bar button will turn into a trash can. Drag and drop, and you're done.