Where's 4.0.4 ota?

tw15egan

Reaction score
Why don't you want to root? It's incredibly simple and would let you have your 4.0.4 now.

All you need to do is flash this and you're good to go. I strongly suggest doing so. I flashed this a couple days ago and my Nexus is a completely different phone than it was even on 4.0.3. Speed, stability, battery life and even signal are all drastically improved. Think about it, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Considering Verizon has to approve Google's update, there's no telling when or if we'll even get 4.0.4 officially. It may be 4.0.5, 4.0.6 or something else. With Verizon involved you should have NO expectations.

Completely agree, this is why you got this phone! The Dev's over at ( RootzWiki ) are AWESOME! They will answer any questions you have (but try to read the VERY in-depth F.A.Q.'s they have pinned). As far as not wanting to lose anything.. what is stopping you from plugging your phone into your computer, and dragging your videos / music / pictures to your desktop. After you unlock, you can just copy right back.

As far as apps.. well that is one thing that you will have to re-do (Only once though! After that, you can use Titanium Backup, which saves ALL data from your apps, even when you flash custom ROMS!). If your phone is backed up through Google Backup, you may get your apps + homescreen restored :happy3:

Here is a very simple, easy to follow walkthrough of unlocking your bootloader

How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid LifeOnce that step is completed, you are now able to 'flash' (install) custom ROM's on your phone (I recommend AOKP, insane amount of new features, but you can grab the 4.0.4 ROM!)

Here is a step by step guide to ROOTING your phone (once it has been unlocked)

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/15/how-to-root-the-galaxy-nexus-4g-lte-and-flash-custom-recovery-verizon/

I
t is a very slow day at work, so if you need someone to walk you through it, I am here to help. With a little time, you can achieve this level of customization!

View attachment 47774

jerroedr

Reaction score
ive been patiently waiting for cm to release something they are proud to call cm 9 for the nexus... taking a damn long time though

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
good lookin out pat. I may just take a look and possibly flash it

I read that whole xda thread earlier today and everyone is having good luck with it! I saw a video review about how stable it was back in kang stage.

famac!

Reaction score
I upgraded to 4.04. The only difference i noticed was that the phone now rotates faster when oriented. Battery life is still sub par. Never had any radio issues before and still dont have any.

moot

Reaction score
Completely agree, this is why you got this phone! The Dev's over at ( RootzWiki ) are AWESOME! They will answer any questions you have (but try to read the VERY in-depth F.A.Q.'s they have pinned). As far as not wanting to lose anything.. what is stopping you from plugging your phone into your computer, and dragging your videos / music / pictures to your desktop. After you unlock, you can just copy right back.

As far as apps.. well that is one thing that you will have to re-do (Only once though! After that, you can use Titanium Backup, which saves ALL data from your apps, even when you flash custom ROMS!). If your phone is backed up through Google Backup, you may get your apps + homescreen restored :happy3:

Here is a very simple, easy to follow walkthrough of unlocking your bootloader

How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid LifeOnce that step is completed, you are now able to 'flash' (install) custom ROM's on your phone (I recommend AOKP, insane amount of new features, but you can grab the 4.0.4 ROM!)

Here is a step by step guide to ROOTING your phone (once it has been unlocked)

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/15/how-to-root-the-galaxy-nexus-4g-lte-and-flash-custom-recovery-verizon/

I
t is a very slow day at work, so if you need someone to walk you through it, I am here to help. With a little time, you can achieve this level of customization!

View attachment 47774

My god, that's beautiful. How do I get my nexus to look like that. I love your dock!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to unlock phone the other nite,I did something wrong,freaked me out.I took somebodies advice,when they said,If your not computer savy,you can brick your phone,I stopped.This phone cost to much,to be brickin her.Ill get her done though,No Worries!!DancingNexus

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to unlock phone the other nite,I did something wrong,freaked me out.I took somebodies advice,when they said,If your not computer savy,you can brick your phone,I stopped.This phone cost to much,to be brickin her.Ill get her done though,No Worries!!DancingNexus

There is about a zero percent chance of you hard bricking a Nexus. The unlockable bootloader makes it very easy to fix even the most egregious errors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk