Where to post

J_R

Reaction score
Cut, Copy, Paste Functionality

I have a DROID2 phone that I use for everything except as a phone. (We don’t get cell phone coverage here.)
And a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 WiFi Tablet (running Droid OS, of course)

1) May I ask questions about either unit?

My most immediate question concerns how to Copy/Paste on the Droid (and Tablet). Recently I downloaded clipboard (manager) software that purported to allow me to copy and paste but it didn’t work. (I can select text. But doing that does not seem to copy it to a clipboard; and when I long-press on the area I want to paste the material I hope is on a clipboard I only get a box saying [Input method] -> [Multi-touch keyboard, Swype])

2) I do not want to abuse my privileges by double posting in different parts of the forum. Should I post a query of this sort on:
• Android tech support
• Android Forum
• Android General Discussions
• Android Applications
• Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team

Thanks

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've moved this thread to the general discussion section for you. Now onto your questions...

1. What are your questions about these devices?

Android is capable of copy/paste, no need to any 3rd party app. To do so, highlight what you want and near the top you should see this symbol that would be the copy clipboard. Highlighting what you want doesn't copy the text, you have to make sure you push the option to do so.

2. If you're unsure about where to post, I would say the safest is the Android General Discussions section. Or you can head over to the specific device page and post in the general discussions there.

OP
J

J_R

Reaction score
Cut, Copy, Paste functionality

Android is capable of copy/paste, no need to any 3rd party app. To do so, highlight what you want and near the top you should see this symbol that would be the copy clipboard. Highlighting what you want doesn't copy the text, you have to make sure you push the option to do so.

(I don't see the symbol you're referring to.)

I was very surprised to not see any apparent clipboard functionality on the droid, though they seem to have done most other things right. (I consider UNDO, and cut/copy/paste (in that order) to be the most impressive/important functions of a computer.)

Back to my question...

- I can select text. (in any app) I assumed simply selecting something amounted to putting it on the "clipboard", but from what you say I was wrong.
- Other than that I see nothing that indicates clipboard-type functionality is available. (I suppose that once I find the clipboard, I'll find a way to paste.)

Of course, I'm expecting cut, copy, paste functionality to extend to anywhere one can select text.