Where to buy a new DNA

chipitn

Reaction score
I currently have a HTC Inspire smartphone and my contract runs out in a couple of weeks. I want to get the DNA but not sure where to get if from. I was leaning towards Costco with a price of $160.00 with a two year contract. I found out that Amazon has theirs for $49.00.
My question is.....Are the DNA phones from Amazon brand new? How can I keep my same phone number through Amazon? Etc, etc. My wife and kids buy from Amazon whenever they can and they never complain. I just want to make sure that if I sign a new contract that I will be happy with the provider.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The DNA is specific to Verizon only. If you buy that phone, it will be with Verizon service. Amazon is a good price obviously but check on wirefly.com. They also have really great deals on Verizon phones. On wirefly you have to enter your phone number and account number and they transfer your number to the new phone, simple as that. When you activate the new phone your old phone will no longer have that number assigned to it. You can use it on wifi for free. Upgrading your phone online is a very simple streamlined process that should take maybe 15 minutes. 3-5 days later your phone shows up. I have used wirefly for 4 phones without problems. Good luck!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am a longtime customer of Amazon and have bought everything from safes to big screen TVs on Amazon. All items I received were always BNIB and never had any issues with damaged items.

I believe when you buy a phone through Amazon they ask for provider and all that good info. Keep in mind you're only getting the phone from Amazon and they will not be your phone provider, Verizon will still be it.

user242

Reaction score
I recently got my "dna" from Amazon for $100 as an upgrade. For new customers you would get it for just $49. It was brand new of course and everything transferred to my existing Verizon account including my insurance.

vannDROID

Reaction score
Got my DNA from Dell Mobility phones for $69.99. With insurance I think it will be around $82 with monthly payments at $6.99. I declined that service and added my phone under my home insurance personal recoverable items. Saved about $149.