Where did my bookmarks go???

Netnurse

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Incredible from the Moto Droid yesterday and I am loving it! Did a hard reset on my Moto Droid twice and both times my internet bookmarks were re-populated in the phone. I always assumed it was done thru Google Sync.

Now that I have changed over to the Incredible I have lost my bookmarks. Is there anyway to get them back? It didn't seem to happen when I synced my Google account like it had done previously.

What am I doing wrong? :mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to the Incredible from the Moto Droid yesterday and I am loving it! Did a hard reset on my Moto Droid twice and both times my internet bookmarks were re-populated in the phone. I always assumed it was done thru Google Sync.

Now that I have changed over to the Incredible I have lost my bookmarks. Is there anyway to get them back? It didn't seem to happen when I synced my Google account like it had done previously.

What am I doing wrong? :mad:

Bookmarks are not done through Google sync. It's browser related. Bookmarks wouldn't carry over from one phone to another. Sorry.

I've done the hard reset to and if you notice your Bookmarks are still there but they are more or less shadows of what was on the phone at one time. I say that because I don't know what the technical term would be to call it. It appears when you do a hard wipe not everything in the Browser gets affected.

The only way that Sync may work in this fashion is if you had a Google Chrome browser on your computer but I don't believe Sync hooks up to the browser at all. Maybe someday.

OP
Netnurse

Netnurse

Reaction score
Sigh, thats not what i wanted to hear lol. Let's hope no other "shadows" are left on my Moto Droid. My daughter is using it now :icon_eek:

cara03

Reaction score
I'm on my third droid, and when I was in the store with my second phone doing troubleshooting the associate did a hard reset after which she reloaded all my contacts from my Google account. Later when I went to use the browser I found bookmarks that I'd made on my first phone for sites I hadn't visited since around Christmas time and I'd only had the phone a few weeks. Now I only wish it would do it again!