Where did I go wrong? (ROMing)

Cudster

Reaction score
So I bought a Droid off craigslist. It's running version 2.2.1 the build number is FRG83D and the kernel is 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5. I have no service on the phone, no wifi or anything but I can make wifi available at a friends. Also I am trying to flash to metropcs but i need to ROM it first.

I followed this guide to root the phone:
[video=youtube;0gujjtGzEZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gujjtGzEZw[/video]
and I received super user, my question for here is, does super user mean that the phone is rooted for sure? or is there an app I needed to download to make sure?

After rooting the phone, I proceeded to find a ROM. I found Smoked glass v.6.0.1 and I attempted to install it on my phone but it would always end with Error: Insall exited with status 14. So i realized that the ROM was not compatible with Droid version 2.2.1. SO I went and found:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ass-themed-version-11-froyo-2-2-1-frg83d.html

then I deleted the old update.zip I used to root the phone and replaced it with the new update.zip for smoked glass v11, followed the same instructions, but then the phone would not install it either. I figured I needed to have Smoked glass v.6.0.1 before I could install the smoked glass update.

I monitored each thread for hours and could not find anyone with similar problems. Except one who had the same Error message as I did but he said he fixed it himself. I then heard of a liquid ROM but have not attempted to install yet, would you guys recommend it?

dancedroidtl;dr
Is my phone rooted? (paragraph 2)
anyway I can install smoked glass on my version of the phone?
would you recommend me to try a different ROM instead?

OP
C

Cudster

Reaction score
UPDATE: I figured out how to ROM the phone now and it's working at 100%. Now can anyone push me in the right direction for flashing it to metropcs?

bplewis24

Reaction score
I didn't even know you could do that. Is that as simple as flashing a new baseband that's compatible with MetroPCS and then changing your mobile number to your MetroPCS account #?

Brandon