I have a problem with 2.1 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

wily5150

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed it (so I thought). I went to settings, about phone and it said 2.1 update, but the interface was 2.01. There was no change. Now I rooted and installed smoked glass rom 2-3 weeks ago, but I unrooted it due to the ota update. It went back to 2.01 no problem. Well, I downloaded the 2.01 update trying to get it back to the original rom. That didn't work either. It still says 2.1. I did a nandroid backup before I rooted it, but there is no option to backup / restore in the recovery mode. Now our son has a droid so I got into the recovery mode on his and his has no backup / recovery option either. So it's not my phone. When I'm in the recovery mode there is only four options,1 reboot system now, 2 apply sdcard update.zip, 3 wipe data/ factory reset, 4 wipe cache partition. Now I tried the factory reset twice, with no luck, still 2.1. Plus there is an error message in the middle of the screen that says, E:can't open /cache/recovery/ command. Am I missing something? I need help please. Thanks :mad:

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
What is it that isn't there that should be from the update?

2.1 looks exactly like 2.0.1. They didn't change the launcher. The only obviously visible differences are the new Gallery and Live Wallpapers. The other changes are more functionality than visible.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Also, the can't open /cache/recovery/command message is normal when installing the update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wily5150....Ultimately what is it you need to do? I'm dumb, make it simple for me.

OP
wily5150

wily5150

Reaction score
I have nothing that 2.1 is suposed to have

I have the old pull tab for the apps. 3 home screens instead of 5. No pinch and zoom. No speech to text. The gallery looks the same as the 2.1, and does google goggle come with 2.1? If so I have that. That is the only two things that are different. Thanks for the replies.

mantis5

Reaction score
Old "pull tab" is correct for stock 2.1. Ditto the 3 home screens. Pinch and zoom will probably not work on mobile sites, you need to try it on a site that does not redirect you to a mobile version.

You say the gallery looks the same as 2.1; is that what you meant? This confused me.

Google Goggles is part of 2.1.

When you go to enter text in a text box, is the key to the left of the spacebar a , or is it a microphone icon? The microphone icon means speech to text is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.